Importing a 3rd gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a 3rd gen

Hi guys. I'm deeply in love with 3rd gen's now!! I've been looking at the options to import one but don't know where to start looking online.

Can anyone recomend any web sites please??

In an ideal world I would like a 3LTD -rx, -rg (one with the vent in the bonet)

UK car importers are charging huge lumps for these though I see you can buy and ship for around 4K

Any ideas would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks

sparkyaj@hotmail.com

Here's where you should start.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/faq/faq_imports_exports.htm#1

Comment

Here too.
      'Forwarned is forarmed' and all that.

http://www.sgm-fx.com/car-imports.html

Comment

I would be very surprised if you manage to get a 3rd gen intercooler (the one with vent) paid for a shipped for 4k. On top of that you will then need to add :-

1) Duty
        2) Vat
        3) Dock fees
        4) Clearing agent fees
        5) Parts for SVA/MoT
        6) MoT/SVA
        7) Immobilser
        8) At least a steering report and possibly a model report depending on year

I have friends in Japan and buy my imports direct from them and cut out the agent fees in Japan. I have a 1996 and a 1997 due to land on 17/9 (will be available to purchase). Both of these cost more than 4k to buy and then ship (Surf = ~550 GBP to ship), with the above items on top.

Rgds

Ant

Originally posted by sparkyaj
        Hi guys. I'm deeply in love with 3rd gen's now!! I've been looking at the options to import one but don't know where to start looking online.

Can anyone recomend any web sites please??

In an ideal world I would like a 3LTD -rx, -rg (one with the vent in the bonet)

UK car importers are charging huge lumps for these though I see you can buy and ship for around 4K

Any ideas would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks

sparkyaj@hotmail.com
        1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
        Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Working...
        X