printer problem,help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printer problem,help please.

I know this is way off the beaten track,but I know there are a lot of clever buggers on here,my problem is this,I have a HP psc 1317 all in one printer etc,my problem is when printing photos,or when selecting the print on glossy paper/professional photo option,it seems to lose the ability to decipher colours correctly,prints ok for an inch or so then it prints out in pink/red,the shapes in the picture remain ok,it's just the colours that are wrong,I tried greyscale with this option,same result,red/pink about a third of the way into the print job.However when I print after selecting plain paper/professional colour text option the print out is A1.I have tried re-installing the printer and drivers,still the same.Can someone please shed some light on this.The ink levels are ok although the colour is nearing empty(if this is to blame,surely it wouldn't print colour correctly at all?)
    Powered by ????

have you tried cleaning the heads on the nozzles of the printer
    i have got the Epson cx3200 and when you turn the printer on do you get the icon up on the task bar if so right click that and you should have the cleaning guide on there
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

could be that the head's worn... mine used to leave coloured lines accross the page when it was nearly empty... try looking for a cleaning option on one of the menus and see if that improves it??
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I`d bin the HP printer and swop makes,you can nearly buy a fresh printer when you`ve paid for replacement ink.

Same with dell printers what a rip off.
        Stella Artois

Comment

i agree about the price of cartridges.i can get 10 color and 10 black from www.choicestationary.com for £39 delivered for the epson compatibles

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
            I`d bin the HP printer and swop makes,you can nearly buy a fresh printer when you`ve paid for replacement ink.

That had crossed my mind,I prefer Epson but this one was bundled with new PC,I've tried all the diagnostics,alignining and cleaning heads,I'll try a new colour ink cartridge,if that don't work...........new printer.Now where's that beer.Cheers.
            Powered by ????

Comment

you can get the 3 in 1 epson cx3200 for about £90-£100 bepends where you get it

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                you can get the 3 in 1 epson cx3200 for about £90-£100 bepends where you get it
                Any good for photo quality printing?Anyone got one of these?
                http://www.misco.co.uk/productinform...S%20CX3600.htm
                Last edited by RobD; 27 August 2005, 18:19.
                Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by jackster

BADGED LEXMARK. Buy your ink etc from the likes of cartridge world & save a few £££££££
                  EPSON are the best ive ever had. Ive had all the others & had problems.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
                    Any good for photo quality printing?Anyone got one of these?
                    http://www.misco.co.uk/productinform...S%20CX3600.htm
                    the cx3200 isnt too bad for doing photo's but i do buy the slightly more expensive photo paper that has the protective covering on it

Comment

I cannot use coated papers

I got this when it was on a special at £199 + carriage + VAT

No more ink drying out for me and you should see it check out b&w at 30 pages per min

Trev
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I had a similar problem with a new HP printer some time ago. Spent hours contacting HP and trying everything they suggested. Eventually shipped it back to them as it was under warranty and got it back with their test prints which were fine. Turned out the printer port on the motherboard was faulty. New motherboard = problem solved.
                        To be safe I suggest that you try a different printer with your pc brfore dumping the current one and shelling out for a new one.

Ken
                        [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                          I cannot use coated papers

I got this when it was on a special at £199 + carriage + VAT

No more ink drying out for me and you should see it check out b&w at 30 pages per min

Trev
                          but dude!... the price of toner!!..ohh... that would hurt me pocket!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

The installed toners (not full size) should do @1500 pages before needing replacement (according to their figures) - I have done 132 so far and the usage indicators havent moved and when I registered it with Tally I got 2 years onsite warranty and a free full size black toner good for around 10,000 pages

Trev
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                            X