Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPG?? not the usual question!

Hi All
    Just thought I would share this as many many times I have seen, How many?, Is this right? only xx MPG?
    I have done a complete rebuild on a 3.0l auto series 2
    rebore, pistons, ends, mains, head overhaul, new glows, reconned injectors, etc etc. have just worked out how she is going so far and;
    trip devon to irvine (scotland) towing a demo unit, only light but a fair bit of resistance mainly motorway high speed cruising ehem about 60 ish (80+) and return via the wye valley mostly m way ehem 69.9 (80-90+++) and not hanging around on the other routes I have just calculated my average consumption over close on 2000 miles to be 20.6 MPG
    bearing in mind this was towing and tramping on a bit at that with air con on most of the time - I reccon that is brill
    What you guys and girls think???
    Tony
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Originally posted by fatfires
    Hi All
    Just thought I would share this as many many times I have seen, How many?, Is this right? only xx MPG?
    rebore, pistons, ends, mains, head overhaul, new glows, reconned injectors, etc etc. have just worked out how she is going so far and;
    trip devon to irvine (scotland) towing a demo unit, only light but a fair bit of resistance mainly motorway high speed cruising ehem about 60 ish (80+) and return via the wye valley mostly m way ehem 69.9 (80-90+++) and not hanging around on the other routes I have just calculated my average consumption over close on 2000 miles to be 20.6 MPG
    bearing in mind this was towing and tramping on a bit at that with air con on most of the time - I reccon that is brill
    Tony
    I'd be well chuffed with that. I get the same carrying my laptop to work!

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
      Hi All
      Tony
      I reckon good job!
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

if you can make it that immpressive you should work under contract to mister toyota

excellent
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Blimey, thats about the same as me, and I 'coast' as much as poss!

Comment

at risk of a big head!

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Blimey, thats about the same as me, and I 'coast' as much as poss!
            thanks all for your kind comments - keep em comming - just as a comparison am off tomorrow to the north of the big smoke so it will be A30,M5,A303,M3,M25 - thats quite a quick route then return on tuesday but going across london N to SE via paddington then back M25 M3 A303 M5 A30 will see how we do on that one without towing and will report back
            Tony
            Tony

Comment

Without towing? I expect you'll be doing about 110 - 120 then!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Without towing? I expect you'll be doing about 110 - 120 then!
                Hi Vince
                problem is these beasts are sooooo easy to drive and do go v well, i know one shouldnt be going that fast but 'it just crept up there honest officer'
                my beast just seams to want to go! off the clock is not unusual so I have to guess - but that damn needle does approach the fuel guage, any one know of a face that will fit that maybee indicates to a higher speed?
                Tony
                Tony

Comment

Working...
                X