Insurance JOKE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance JOKE!

Now at the end of my cover period, I decided to call around. Now having 5 years no claims for myself and partner I thought I would be in with a good chance.

Currently with norwich union. Thought I'd give adrian flux a call.

Nice and quick on the phone. Quoted me £989 F.comp + 450 excess!

Once I recovered, I decided to continue shopping around!

Has anyone else had this??

Originally posted by sparkyaj
    Now at the end of my cover period, I decided to call around. Now having 5 years no claims for myself and partner I thought I would be in with a good chance.

when my renewal was up i made a few calls and adrian flux couldnt get close to lifesure so i said i will stay where i am. 10 minutes later A F rang back and said they will match lifesure but they will have to put the excess up,i told them to forget it
    i got 60% introductory ncd last year and this year when i renewed with lifesure they also gave me the protected ncd and all for £302
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      when my renewal was up i made a few calls and adrian flux couldnt get close to lifesure so i said i will stay where i am. 10 minutes later A F rang back and said they will match lifesure but they will have to put the excess up,i told them to forget it
      i got 60% introductory ncd last year and this year when i renewed with lifesure they also gave me the protected ncd and all for £302

Can't agree more about Lifesure! I was with Tesco when my renewal came up they quoted £789 got protected no claims and overseas cover, replacement car if damaged all for £324 with lifesure. Give em a try it's worth it.

Comment

I nsured with A flux for the first time this year. £380 fully comp with 8 years ncb. I was well pleased. Then the paperwork came through...........

They wanted a photocopy of my driving licence, Make/model of immobiliser and who it was fitted by. This was sent off.
        Then I come back off my hols and they say as I have no proof of 8 years no claims, they are reducing it to 5 years and want another £51.00 including and admin fee, despite me giving them details of previous insureres for the last 10 years.
        It is still cheaper but getting very labour intensive.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj

Give direct a look. I got 6yrs ncb, protected for £330

Comment

Best deal in the end today, (*as I'm 23 and my partner 22) was £474 F.comp for us both (with norwich union.)

not to bad.

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

I went with Adrian Flux this year as they beat everyone with £295 (7 years no claim and I've finnally hit 30). When the paperwork came through wrong registration, wrong speeling on all insured persons names, cat 1 alarm Imob was listed imob only, ect. worst of all limited milage of 8000, when I do about 12,500 ish. Phoned them up spoke to a woman who carried out oll the changes, popped me on hold came back saying "your new policy price is" at this point I'm going NOOOOOOOOOOOO I've given you your money allready, I gave you the correct details you got it wrong. Sorry she sayes we only gave you a cheap policy because you agreed a low milage. Why would I agree a low milage when I don't do it I ask, are you going to keep to the agreed contract or shall I cancell because you have breached it.
              Four hours latter they got back to me saying they had reveiwed the tapes of my calls, and there had been a misunderstanding. They would honour my premium. I'm still on a cover note however (second because the first was for someone elses vehicle).

I wonder if I'll feel confident to stay with the next year?
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
              X