Off roader my @rse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off roader my @rse!

Parked at beachy head for the airshow last week, space was a bit short so I thought I'd roll forward until the front wheels touchedthe very low earth mound in front.........Anyone know how to repair a cracked spoiler If you see a Surf swerving all over the road you will know its me dodging fag packets, dog ends, coke cans etc etc.
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

SPOILER??????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      SPOILER??????????????????

No Cracked Spoiler!!!!! It came from nipland with a wacking great airdam at the front and sort of plastic under door trim that makes it a gymnastic feat to get in and out off. Looks good though!

Comment

I bet you use some fuel pushing all that air along.

Comment

just natures way of telling you that they need to come off!
          Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
            No Cracked Spoiler!!!!! It came from nipland with a wacking great airdam at the front and sort of plastic under door trim that makes it a gymnastic feat to get in and out off. Looks good though!

If it's plastic, you can get stuff called 'plastic weld'
            It's a bit like araldite, two tubes you mix together.
            If the , ahem, 'spoiler' is fibreglass, you'll have to get some resin, hardener and some glass matting or glass tissue, which you can buy in kit form.

Comment

Ditch it dude, you should have got a discount as the truck isn't fit for the purpose for which it was sold.

Stuff hanging off the bottom of a 4x4 is dumb. Take it down a rutted greenlane fast, anything left on is OK, then go back and collect all the [rappy bits of GPR and throw them in the bin. Then you have an offroader.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Ditch it dude, you should have got a discount as the truck isn't fit for the purpose for which it was sold.

Stuff hanging off the bottom of a 4x4 is dumb. Take it down a rutted greenlane fast, anything left on is OK, then go back and collect all the [rappy bits of GPR and throw them in the bin. Then you have an offroader.

I got an "off roader" the best 4x4xfar, anything that falls off of that is probably not important!

Surf is for transporting dogs & caravan, it is far too pretty to mess up in the mud, it only had 16,000 miles on it when I bought it (got 22 now, must think about an overhaul!). I have a set of sidesteps to fit as the plastic things look really good but are a real pain when getting in and out.

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
                  Parked at beachy head for the airshow last week, space was a bit short so I thought I'd roll forward until the front wheels touchedthe very low earth mound in front.........Anyone know how to repair a cracked spoiler If you see a Surf swerving all over the road you will know its me dodging fag packets, dog ends, coke cans etc etc.
                  Sounds like some kind of aftermarket 'add-on' you broke there dude. I'd go along Tony's suggestion- the minimal look is best. Loose the sidesteps too!

Comment

Is this yet another Surf that requires saving???

Join the SSC (SURF SAVERS CLUB)

Mine was lowered but is going to grow up VERY soon!

As they all said the SKIRTS gotta come off!

Paul
                    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

i thought half the fun was ripping bits off, getting photographed with them and then straightening them to glue back on!
                      think i win with the sump bash plate removal!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

"Skirts off"? Naughty boy!

Comment

As they all said the SKIRTS gotta come off!

Thats what I said to the Mrs by about date No 4. (We were old fashioned in those days. Any earlier would have meant a slap across the chops).

Anyway back to the topic. Ditch the skirt and enjoy giving the Mrs a bunk-up. ( Around here it means helping a member of the opposite sex mount a tall object........................ ...honest guv!).
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                            Thats what I said to the Mrs by about date No 4. (We were old fashioned in those days. Any earlier would have meant a slap across the chops)
                            oh how things have changed!!
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
                              I got an "off roader" the best 4x4xfar, anything that falls off of that is probably not important!
                              What like the Oil and the halfshafts Sorry couldn't resist.

Land rover engines - about as oil tight as a 60s Harley Davidson. Still I suppose it means that you change the oil regularly and your drive won't get rusty (or your chassis for that matter).

Comment

Working...
                              X