High flow air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High flow air filter

I was at a classic car show today, and they had for sale on the trade stands High Flow air filters for improved performance (similar to the K&N filters) Has anyone tried them & are they safe to use?
    THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

I tried one on my Surf and couldn't stand the induction noise, when I was doing mostly motorway driving.

I might put it back on now I commute by train. I've just got to get it off my nephews Corsa!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

[QUOTE=kitesurf_phil]I tried one on my Surf and couldn't stand the induction noise,

Thats the first thing i noticed!! lots of noise and not much else. Just wondered if they do actually improve the performance any? not that it needs much improvement
      THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

if any, i reckon mine's a bit slower... not a nice induction noise on a deisel either!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I had one on my astra 1.7TD and it improved torque a bit and maybe top end power but it had loads of induction whoosh.
          Tried to fit one on the Surf and it whistled and didnt gear change for ages and was slow. I only spent a little while messing around when I did a service though so the old one went back on.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
          X