Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was that you??

Hi Guys,

Went to Didcot Tesco's yesterday morning for breakfast, as was feeling lazy. There was a Surf already in the car park. It was a blue over silver SSRX Ltd with rear spare wheel carrier, "K" Reg. I parked mine out the way near to his and went in for breakfast. As I was munching on my egg and bacon, I looked up, and there, in front of my eyes was a Black Surf parking up just outside the store. This one was (I think) an SSRX with the rear spare wheel carrier, "L" Reg.
    I left the store after eating my breakfast, and couldn't believe my eyes. There, right opposite mine was ANOTHER Surf. This one was a Green "H" Reg (I think) that was jacked right up and covered in mud. This one had the under body spare wheel carrier.
    I surveyed the car park and looked at the 4, yes 4 Surfs in the same small car park at the same time and wondered if this is the most Surfs anyone has seen in the same car park????
    A couple had "Drayton Motors" spare wheel covers on them. Never heard of them, but obviously they sell Surfs.
    There was me thinking I'm probably one of only a few Surf owners in Didcot, then all of a sudden there are 4 in the same car park at the same time!!!!

Was you one of the owners of these Surfs??

Not Guilty - but might be if you're round Oxford!

I've been surprised not to see many Surfs round here - crawling with Mitso Warri.s and loads of big Nissan things though.

Where are you going for your mud fixes? Suppose the Ridgeway is closeby for plenty of Green Lanes. Not many BOATS up here and they are either totally overgrown or rutted to ****ery!
    where's this bit go then?

Comment

Originally posted by osker
      Not Guilty - but might be if you're round Oxford!

I've been surprised not to see many Surfs round here - crawling with Mitso Warri.s and loads of big Nissan things though.

Where are you going for your mud fixes? Suppose the Ridgeway is closeby for plenty of Green Lanes. Not many BOATS up here and they are either totally overgrown or rutted to ****ery!

Hello Mate.

I'm a member of the "shiney" brigade, so there will be no getting my truck dirty. The Ridgeway is only 10 mins away from me. I go Mountain biking up there. There are quite a few Surfs in Didcot. I have one, a girlfriend of mine has one ( she lives in Abingdon), and I see a jacked up green one quite often, i know where there is one the same colour as mine, and I've seen another two. So it's Surf city down here mate. I went to Toyota today. Bought a genuine parts oil filter, air filter and have ordered the aircon belt and the two alternator belts, and also the tensioning bolt that screws through the alternator housing. How long you had your truck??

PS. Welcome to the Surfers Paradise.

Comment

Had mine two months. Had been agonising about buying one for nearly two years and finally dished the cash. Love it - bit worried in case anything goes wrong cas I've never done any mechanical stuff myself - but so far soo good. Not supposed to be commuting in it but ... well you know how it is.

Not interested in the shiny stuff I'm afraid. Polished it the other week - not keen to do that again! I do a bit of mountain-biking too and have checked out the lanes near here but found myself cursing the ***ards who had left the ****ing ruts that grounded my bracket and pedals - so in two minds at the moment!

Is anyone else out there off-roading near Oxford?

Comment

Do you jump at Weston mate?

Comment

[QUOTE=osker]Had mine two months. Had been agonising about buying one for nearly two years and finally dished the cash. Love it - bit worried in case anything goes wrong cas I've never done any mechanical stuff myself - but so far soo good. Not supposed to be commuting in it but ... well you know how it is.

Yeah, I work in Thatcham and it's costing me £50 a week in diesel. Love it though. I've got a couple of Land Rovers. I take my Defender over to the Ridgeway for a bit of off roading, but only when it's dry. You want to go up there, before they close it for the winter. They have got rid of all the ruts now, so it is good off roading now. That Ridgeway goes all the way to Salisbury Plain. I quite fancy driving as far down it as I can, but not in my Surf. She's staying clean.

Comment

Do you jump at Weston mate?

Yeah, I used to jump at Weston, but haven't been for a few years now. When I left the Army, the cost of jumps went from £6 to £30.

I spent a year in Cyprus with the United Nations. I was up the DZ every weekend, Sat and Sunday jumping. Best time of my life. Need to go again, but I work weekends, and Weston is only open at weekends. Went to Hinton, but they charge a fortune.

Do you do any jumping??

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                Yeah, I used to jump at Weston, but haven't been for a few years now. When I left the Army, the cost of jumps went from £6 to £30.

I spent a year in Cyprus with the United Nations. I was up the DZ every weekend, Sat and Sunday jumping. Best time of my life. Need to go again, but I work weekends, and Weston is only open at weekends. Went to Hinton, but they charge a fortune.

Do you do any jumping??

Did AFF in America and a few jumps at Weston about 4 years ago - but it just wasn't getting any less terrifying and I had a nasty spin on one freefall that spooked me a bit so I never got into it properly. Big shame, loved the canopy ride, just wasn't happy 'till I saw it open!!

Comment

Did AFF in America and a few jumps at Weston about 4 years ago - but it just wasn't getting any less terrifying and I had a nasty spin on one freefall that spooked me a bit so I never got into it properly. Big shame, loved the canopy ride, just wasn't happy 'till I saw it open!!

Thats a shame mate. The AFF must have cost you a bit of dosh. So are you qualified then?? I'm a Cat 8 with IC1.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    Thats a shame mate. The AFF must have cost you a bit of dosh. So are you qualified then?? I'm a Cat 8 with IC1.
                    Yer - it did (about £1k I think). Did a one-jump course at Weston, loved it and wanted to be free-falling asap. Glad I did it though. Spent alot of time looking at clouds over Weston

Comment

Working...
                    X