wight link fast cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wight link fast cat

hope no one's hoping to get these to the IOW in the near future!

just been on local news that they've had their safety certificate withdrawn!!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Blimey i`ve some friends who use that everyday, did it say whats wrong with it?
    Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

yeah, they had 2 engine room fires in may and haven't done the necessary upgrades/modifications to keep the safety certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        yeah, they had 2 engine room fires in may and haven't done the necessary upgrades/modifications to keep the safety certificate.
        Do you mean to say we been goin over to see Dunno on those rust bucket barges an they could of blown up or sunk while our beloved surf was on board?

Pops and me can swim but our surf (wonderous tho it is) cant -
        well not for long anyway - specially with all our stuff in the back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Witch
          Do you mean to say we been goin over to see Dunno on those rust bucket barges an they could of blown up or sunk while our beloved surf was on board?

Pops and me can swim but our surf (wonderous tho it is) cant -
          well not for long anyway - specially with all our stuff in the back!!!
          whoops just realised that you meant the passenger only one

Comment

Never liked the fast one anyhow - they wouldn't let me take the Surf on that one!!

Cheers, Nick
            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Blood* cats are a pain
              and the tea is better on wightlink ferry too and they take the surf

not sure what all the fuss is about SO they had a fire or two
              just pull the plug out and all that water under and around the boat will soon put it out hey
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                Blood* cats are a pain
                and the tea is better on wightlink ferry too and they take the surf

not sure what all the fuss is about SO they had a fire or two
                just pull the plug out and all that water under and around the boat will soon put it out hey
                um... isn't red funnel-cowes better for you?

Comment

They have got another couple of ferry companies operating their service for them whilst the cats are non-functional

Wightlink needed knocking down a peg or two!! they think they have a captive market. Now maybe they might think about lowering their prices!!!

I never use that service as Red funnel run a Cat from Cowes to Southampton and their crafts are a lot newer!

Paul
                  DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

um... isn't red funnel-cowes better for you?
                    red funnel dearer wightlink from lymington to yarmouth is close to us as red funnel and cheaper so they float my boat
                    Pops

Comment

red funnel dearer wightlink from lymington to yarmouth is close to us as red funnel and cheaper so they float my boat
                      That is not always true I am afraid Pop's, they appear to take it in turns to make special offers! and now it is always better to check their websites BEFORE booking as often their best offer is only available via the net!!
                      DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                        That is not always true I am afraid Pop's, they appear to take it in turns to make special offers! and now it is always better to check their websites BEFORE booking as often their best offer is only available via the net!!
                        well that may be the case dunno but every time iwe have come to grace your isle the wightlink has come up trumps on price and the lymington route is as fast as the dreaded fast cat but takes my truck
                        Pops

Comment

red funnel was £29.99 the other week... unless you just turn up like we did!!... argue with the woman... it's £49.99!!

i didn't check the website myself but dave reckons it definately said £29.99 no booking required!

Comment

red funnel was £29.99 the other week... unless you just turn up like we did!!... argue with the woman... it's £49.99!!

i didn't check the website myself but dave reckons it definately said £29.99 no booking required!
                            last weekend wightlink was £20 truck plus 2 passengers
                            Pops

Comment

last weekend wightlink was £20 truck plus 2 passengers
                              Was that just a day return Pops or a little longer? Bank Holiday weekend from Lymington to Yarmouth as foot passengers they want 23 quit!
                              Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

Working...
                              X