Fuel protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt
    theres a little no name station just south of burton wanted 67.9 p a litre yesterday and my fuel light had been on since nuneaton so i had to get some. i put 5 quids worth in (that didnt even put the light out...) cashier got chopsy with me! 'how far's that going to get you?'
    'to a cheaper petrol station, you ****ing robber!'
    typo on the price dude!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      theres a little no name station just south of burton wanted 67.9 p a litre yesterday and my fuel light had been on since nuneaton so i had to get some. i put 5 quids worth in (that didnt even put the light out...) cashier got chopsy with me! 'how far's that going to get you?'
      'to a cheaper petrol station, you ****ing robber!'
      67.9 and you not fill it up your mad son
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by sam
        so long as your prepared to use the wild bean toilets....
        terrie said its not the cafe or toilets matt needs
        ITS THERAPY
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
          terrie said its not the cafe or toilets matt needs
          ITS THE RAPY
          the rapy?? what's a RAPY?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            is that one of those things they stick in the microwave?
            www.thegamingunion.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              ASK YOUR DOCTOR HE OR SHE KNOWING YOU WILL SEND YOU TO ONE
              Pops

Comment

QUOTE=sam]is that one of those things they stick in the microwave?[/QUOTE] @ sam
                Pops

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  Well said SAM. TAX is the issue.
                  What ever it is, it's getting silly. I was watching Crimewatch Update earlier this evening, and they were showing a clip from a CCTV outside a petrol station. The clip was taken around the start of last year (roughly 18 months ago), and the prices were around 71p/ltr. That makes for a 30%+ increase over 18 months. Do fuel costs not get factored into the inflation figures, or has everything else gone down in price - because that's the only way I can figure that keeps the inflation rate as low as it has been.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    EXXON own ESSO & lots of other Branded Oil Companies so you need to know which ones TOTAL maybe part of EXXON they are the biggest OIL Company in the World.
                    MOBIL are one of them.
                    Trafford Park Fuel distribution depot supply TESCO TOTAL & the like so most buy from ESSO.
                    Exxon own Esso for the UK, BP own the old Mobil name and Castrol for Oil. TOTAL is part of a large french company TOTAL FINA ELF. Some of the smaller companies are served by CONOCO. BP and ESSO are certainly the biggest companies in the UK. However you will not neccessarily know who serves the likes of TESCO and SAINSBURY as they will buy fuel on the open market in bulk and may buy from an ESSO refinery or a BP refinery or a SHELL refinery at any particular time. The branded fuel stations are only one way that the big companies sell their fuel.

Also they don't neccessarily sell fuel that they refined themselves as they have traders who buy and sell tanker loads of the stuff.

Comment

I read somewhere recently that one in 2 cars bought in London is a gass guzzeling 4X4. The reality is that we are all pushing up demand for a scarce resource (be it either unrefined oil is scarce or refining capacity). the reality is that myself and dare I say it most people on here really dont need to be driving 3 ltr 4x4s creating in part the excessive demand out ther currently. wherre I live the school run is dominated by footballer wives in BMW and Merc 4x4s, none of whome actually need them.
                      If we have the time and energy to mount a campaign lets do it against the people who made a billion pounds profits last year selling food!

And yes I do own a Surf and its a choice I have made on how to spend my hard earned money, sure I'd love cheap fuel but I think we have to live in the real world.

Comment

i remember a book i had in the 80's that said by the year 2000 we'd have run out of fossil fuels anyway!!... but it also said we'd be living on mars!

Comment

captain scarlet annual?
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

nah.... i can't remember what it was!... i was a child genius, but my parents wouldn't let me go to any boarding schools that wanted me... so i went to the local comp... learned to chill... and here i am!!

(hehhee... that's the absolute truth too!)

Comment

Your petrol is cheaper comparitivly to ours. We are up to $1.45 NZD which is about 55p/Litre. Now before you all fly off the handle and say "phuck me...thats cheap" I'll let ya all in on my latest bit of unscientific research.
                              We have a Firefighter over here from Nottingham and we had a bit of a natter about the cost of living here versus the U.K.
                              We compared weekly food bills, car costs (rego, tax, insurance etc) price of clothes, pint of lager, packet of fags and all sorts of stuff.
                              The conclusion was thyat he spends pounds like I spend dollars. Some stuff was different but this was the general picture.
                              The only kicker was that he gets paid less than me

BTW our diesel is about to go over the dollar
                              Other diesel charges are $33 / 1000 km tax
                              $300 annual rego plus 2 Warrant of fitness tests (MOT) a year at $45 each
                              Last edited by simono; 29 August 2005, 01:23.
                              Simon.O.
                              '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Working...
                              X