Fuel protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel protest

I've been sent this e-mail. Thought I'd share it with you all.

Hi All,
    Seems like a good enough idea to be repeated....

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with
    paying £1 a litre.

Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day"
    campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just
    laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by
    refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a
    problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
    work. Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC
    nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we
    need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
    marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we
    consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit
    someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that
    WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest

oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any

petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce

their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an

impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.

It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep

reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at
    least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more
    (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth
    generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If
    those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then
    30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further,
    you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all You have to
    do is send this to 10 people.

That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take?

If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of
    receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the
    next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential,
    did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to
    you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR
    PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE. It's easy to make this happen. Just forward
    this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons
    Jet etc.

i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

Or we could boycott buying road tax until the Government reduced the tax on fuel? And if no one paid fixed camera penaltys....

Comment

bril idea, sending my e-mails as i type
      lets go get dirty...

Comment

EXXON own ESSO & lots of other Branded Oil Companies so you need to know which ones TOTAL maybe part of EXXON they are the biggest OIL Company in the World.
        MOBIL are one of them.
        Trafford Park Fuel distribution depot supply TESCO TOTAL & the like so most buy from ESSO.
        Last edited by marky; 17 August 2005, 21:13.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Unfortunately at the moment it is all down to supply and demand and currently there is far more demand than supply. Plenty of oil is being pumped but refineries are now at maximum production and unfortunately because of this high output quite a few refineries are off line as they are broken, so no longer producing, And to make matters worse no one is building new refineries so the problem will continue to get worse especially as China and India are becoming more affluent and want more oil so the problem will become exacerbated.

Best thing to do is to get Phillip to supply one of his fuel cat heat exchangers and run on vegoil !!

If we want to petition somebody then I think it is our Government and get them to start building a Nuclear fuel plant or three so oil becomes less precious and the price will reduce.

Bit doom and gloom and I hope I am proved wrong but thats the way of the world

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            EXXON own ESSO & lots of other Branded Oil Companies so you need to know which ones TOTAL maybe part of EXXON they are the biggest OIL Company in the World.
            MOBIL are one of them.
            Trafford Park Fuel distribution depot supply TESCO TOTAL & the like so most buy from ESSO.
            marky's got a point i see morrisons tankers and BP tankers and unmarked tankers coming out of esso by us so think that they supply lots of lesser known petrol stations that do not have there own refineries to get there own,
            idea good tho hit couple big boys and there sales will still drop so i say lets do it the price hikes and we can all do more by turning to the veg that saves us money to and its legal if you tell the customs
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
              Unfortunately at the moment it is all down to supply and demand and currently there is far more demand than supply. Plenty of oil is being pumped but refineries are now at maximum production and unfortunately because of this high output quite a few refineries are off line as they are broken, so no longer producing, And to make matters worse no one is building new refineries so the problem will continue to get worse especially as China and India are becoming more affluent and want more oil so the problem will become exacerbated.

Best thing to do is to get Phillip to supply one of his fuel cat heat exchangers and run on vegoil !!

If we want to petition somebody then I think it is our Government and get them to start building a Nuclear fuel plant or three so oil becomes less precious and the price will reduce.

Bit doom and gloom and I hope I am proved wrong but thats the way of the world
              The problem is made worse by people who trade 'futures' in oil. Speculation and fear drive the prices ever higher. We need to shoot a few stock traders while we're at it.

I just read an article that said people won't change their driving habits until petrol cost $1.50/litre over here in Canada. We're at $1.00 now.

Comment

I never liked 'chain mail'- not the kinky stuff. Pyramid schemes are obvious and i read this the same as i read my 'free stock market reports' which are blantently a pyramid. I say this cos it aint gonna be 69p/litre ever again, boycotting the big names aint going to decrease the demand after all and its only the bigboys that are capable of supplying the required volume of the stuff, so where would the 'little boys' turn when faced with such demand?- you aint gonna use petrol/desiel for a while?

Fact is its like asking everyone in Yorkshire not to use water in order to boycott yorkshire water, the government would step in and supply water in that instance and the water would come from yorkshire water, so who would that hurt?

You wont benefit if you cut the share value of these companys in the short term, only the origanator will if this catches on. Tax is the issue, not mark up, if the petrol companys were making such vast profits on the forecourt they wouldnt be closing petrol stations. Anyone remember when they were making enough on it to pay a guy to stick the nozzle in the tank for you?
                www.thegamingunion.co.uk

Comment

Well said SAM. TAX is the issue.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Anyone remember when they were making enough on it to pay a guy to stick the nozzle in the tank for you?

I DO did it when i was a Nip
                    agree with what your saying but if we do nothing and roll over will they not just send the price towards £2 a litre something has to be done to make these people sit up and listen
                    Pops

Comment

could we still use wild bean cafe??
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                        so long as your prepared to use the wild bean toilets....
                        www.thegamingunion.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                          as long as you only buy litres of tea, coffee and bacon banjo's with brown sauce
                          Pops

Comment

theres a little no name station just south of burton wanted 97.9 p a litre yesterday and my fuel light had been on since nuneaton so i had to get some. i put 5 quids worth in (that didnt even put the light out...) cashier got chopsy with me! 'how far's that going to get you?'
                            'to a cheaper petrol station, you ****ing robber!'
                            Last edited by Chillitt; 17 August 2005, 22:06. Reason: even i couldnt belive the price 1st time..
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by sam
                              so long as your prepared to use the wild bean toilets....
                              BP's the only 24hr garage on my taxi ride home from the big smoke!... always need fags, pasty and sundries from there!!
                              (nearly got nicked for trying to drink petrol from the nozzle once!!)
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X