new head no oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new head no oil pressure

please can anyone help us as resently we have no oil pressure on our 2.4 td we have changed oil and oil filter, oil sender and the clocks, the oil read very low and now we have no gauge at all i earthed the gauge out and the oil pressure gauge worked we checked the fuses is there another fuse that we could check, if you take of oil cap were you put the oil in your hand gets wet with oil so the oil is getting up there, we are going on hoilday soon towing our caravan and we don't wont it to break down again, we have just put a new head on the car 4 weeks ago.. thanks john.

Have you put the headgasket on the right way round ??
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Have you put the headgasket on the right way round ??
      now that's a pain in the ass to check!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Some of the headgasket holes wont line up with any passageways so it may have confused him when putting new one on. Therefore blocking OIL WAYS
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Need to fit a capilery oil gauge were the sender screws in . As its mechanical it should/will work . You will know there is oil pressure or not. If it does not work then you have no oil pressure , so possible oil pump failure or filter/pick up strainer blockage .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            Need to fit a capilery oil gauge were the sender screws in . As its mechanical it should/will work . You will know there is oil pressure or not. If it does not work then you have no oil pressure , so possible oil pump failure or filter/pick up strainer blockage .
            I agree.This should be the first check that should be done.If you have oil pressure then the sender may be the wrong type.

Neville

Comment

headgasket is on the right way

when i put the head on gasket was the right way because i checked and double checked it was right before i carried on when you undo the oil cap ontop of the engine when running there is oil getting up as your hand get wet with oil, but the gauge just dont work, is there a fuse some where for the oil gauge, thanks john.

Comment

If it was registering before you fitted the new head you may have broken the wire or knocked it off in the process.
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                X