what speed at what revs?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what speed at what revs?????

2.4td gen 2, 3000rpm only gives me about 60mph and seems to be pushing it if i go any more than 80mph on the motorway, is this about right??

About the same as mine and i reckon 80 is about as near to tops for my surf but have done nearer 90 but didnt want to harm anything.

Comment

sounds about right mine did about same but if i kept me right foot planted it would do 90ish
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

as long as its not just mine then, puts the mind to rest abit, cheers

Comment

How come I am doing 70MPH @ 2500RPM with overdirve on. That would explain why I am getting 26-28/Gal on a run.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            How come I am doing 70MPH @ 2500RPM with overdirve on. That would explain why I am getting 26-28/Gal on a run.
            because you easied off on the right foot only got sandles on your feet on holiday hey
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by caseyj
              2.4td gen 2, 3000rpm only gives me about 60mph and seems to be pushing it if i go any more than 80mph on the motorway, is this about right??
              all depends on your final drive ratio ie diffs.... looks like you have a g145 or g144 axle ratio so 60 mph is spot on if thats the axle you have...
              CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                YUP and lucky you...
                My Dads landcruiser does 90mph at the same revs as my 2.4 is doing 70mph...
                That is one of the main reasons Id like a 3.0 at some point.
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

70 Mph

I must have made a mistake. I thought that was the speed you were not allowed to go under. Although going to check again, my car cruising at 85-90 is reading 3000 rvs and at 75 plus reading about 2800 rvs, both on diesel and veg oil (100%). It would appear that the unit, i and Tony have fitted is working well as he has reported same. Probably due to heating fuel as well as using Fuel Cat. Power increase etc, i know is an imotive subject, but i am sure my 2 gen 3 ltr is driving much better now.
                  Anyway going to recheck, but glad to know that perhaps its not only imagination.
                  Regards Philip
                  Still Searching,
                  Dick Whittington

Comment

are we talking 2nd gear?

mine does 65 at 4000 revs in second
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      are we talking 2nd gear?

mine does 65 at 4000 revs in second
                      Thursday 11th, I took a trip from home (Blackburn Lancashire) to meet a geeza at Chiswick, the junction M60 with the north circular. Kept the revs at 2500 all the way, speedo read 78 ish and it returned 29.7 mpg!

Well satisfied

Fish
                      If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Hold up...

So what is the actual highest speed you can reach in a Surf without damaging the Engine?

What about with aftermarket performance parts fitted?

Comment

i had just under a ton the other day, i think it would have gone faster but a roundabout appeared.

Comment

dunno about you guys but i can plod along at 2400 revs doing 120 kph thatl be arond 80 would it ?? maybe my large 35/12.5/15 tyres gives me more motion ? who knows eh ....
                            if at first you dont succeed..... bollock

Comment

Originally posted by lizardinc
                              dunno about you guys but i can plod along at 2400 revs doing 120 kph thatl be arond 80 would it ?? maybe my large 35/12.5/15 tyres gives me more motion ? who knows eh ....
                              yeah having bigger diameter tyres gives you a much higher gearing so although you will run out of puff quicker you can turn the wheels at the same speed at lower revs.

2.4's in top gear are about 500rpm higher than the 3.0 at least so you can all stop posting about your big fast 3.0.

Phew...
                              Tim
                              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                              X