Back Off My Hols.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Off My Hols.

After two weeks in the caravan near Minehead it's life back to normal.

The truck played up a little on the way down, after we got stuck in slow moving traffic on an up hill section of the A303 near Stone Henge. We kept having to put the heaters on to get the temp' down and I eventually pulled the connector off (and broke it in the process) so that the fan runs all the time. It turned out to be an airlock in the coolant. A big clue was that with the front and rear heaters on, one or the other would go cold.
    After letting the truck cool overnight, I took the filler cap off and started the engine. I ended up putting two full kettles of water in, despite the expansion bottle showing normal cold and hot levels before setting out. The truck ran soundly for the fortnight away and was OK all the way home.

Can I keep over heating my 2.4L without the head cracking?

BTW. It was a cracking holiday. Found some RUPPS and went through the ford at Tarr Steps. Highlight of the holiday for me was a day at the Falconry Centre at Bossington.
    Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 14 August 2005, 18:19.
    It's only a hobby!

NO !

Must get the Zook ready for 18th September.

When did you last change your THERMOSTAT also check your fluid level in your VISCOUS FAN
    Last edited by marky; 14 August 2005, 18:23.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

viscous fan

[QUOTE=marky]NO !
      hi marky how do you check fluid in viscous fan also what is the fluid? do you knowif i could have a bonnet put on my 2.4 with scoop in or would they not fit .?chrissy

Comment

[QUOTE=chrissy]
        Originally posted by marky
        NO !
        hi marky how do you check fluid in viscous fan also what is the fluid? do you knowif i could have a bonnet put on my 2.4 with scoop in or would they not fit .?chrissy
        Do a search on viscous fan. Only fit a rear facing scoop to benefit as you need to let the hot air escape
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

[QUOTE=marky]
          Originally posted by chrissy
          Only fit a rear facing scoop to benefit as you need to let the hot air escape

like the one on the back of Marky's head.

(sorry mate could'nt resist)
          mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            After two weeks in the caravan near Minehead it's life back to normal.

BTW. It was a cracking holiday. Found some RUPPS and went through the ford at Tarr Steps. Highlight of the holiday for me was a day at the Falconry Centre at Bossington.
            happy trails phil
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

[QUOTE=marky]
              Originally posted by chrissy
              Do a search on viscous fan. Only fit a rear facing scoop to benefit as you need to let the hot air escape
              So, if i want to prevent overheating, i have to fit a rear-facing bonnet scoop?
              Wouldnt a forward facing one benefit as well by way of cold air intake?
              Whatabout one that just goes straight through?

Comment

the thought is that a forward facing one just gets lots of cold air in but all it will do it go in all different directions a make a mess. you need a route for the flow of air for it to help really.
                front facings are great for intercoolers though as the air is channeled throught the cooler as it is right underneath.
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

[QUOTE=Un_discovered]
                  Originally posted by marky

So, if i want to prevent overheating, i have to fit a rear-facing bonnet scoop?
                  Wouldnt a forward facing one benefit as well by way of cold air intake?
                  Whatabout one that just goes straight through?
                  Try a search under bonnet scoops , vents , etc . I have put some info and so have others regarding the theory and reason for rear facing scoops.
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                  X