Coccyx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coccyx

Very off topic i know but theres a lot of people read this forum so i though that maybe someone might know.

I cracked my Coccyx (the small bone at the bottom of your spine) while racing last Sunday and since then i cant sit down. The quacks say it takes weeks to heel but has anyone else had the same problem and how long it took them before they could sit in some comfort again? I drive for my job and while im off work im not getting any money so i want to be able to sit as soon as i can lol
    Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

OUCH!
    A mate of mine landed on his a couple of weeks back, but I don't think he cracked his just very badly bruised it.
    He found comfort for sitting in the form of an inflatable rubber ring, the kind of life saver/swimming aid.

Comment

my first wife suffers with it and often put it out so the doctor showed me how how to check it was out, and how to get it back in place

i know how painful it was for her so dont envy you if you cracked it
      hope its better soon. just gotta rest it mate
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Cant help you with your, unable to sit problem mate, but drink gallons of water so you can s*it properly, last thing you want to do is strain.

Comment

My wife Tracy broke hers when she was a kid it floats around as it never repaired itself.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

i did mine when i was about 12... still hurts sometimes now...

so i'm guessing, 16+ years!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              i did mine when i was about 12... still hurts sometimes now...

so i'm guessing, 16+ years!
              same here i feel downs stairs and cracked mine, still catch it now and then and yes it still hurts
              good luck
              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

At least you can stand, when i broke mine along with my back in 5 places i couldnt stand for 7 months.

A rubber ring or ribbed cushion is best, just make sure you keep moving to avoid pressure sores, now they HURT.

Lying PRONE ( on your front) also helps a lot with healing.

Comment

Hi, sorry to hear about your injury. It's really painful. I did the same thing falling off my horse. That was about 12 years ago. Unfortunately, I had a wound as well (fell on some branches) and that got infected (still bear the scars!)

The only thing I found that helped was sitting in an inner tube. It does take quite a while to heal. I really couldn't sit squarely for about 6 weeks and it still bothers me yet if I've done a lot of driving in bumpy fields.

Tazman has a good point about drinking lots of water!! I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

Jacqueline

Comment

As a youngster I kneed my father whilst play-fighting and I caught his coccyx and it sent a jolt right up his spine. Trouble getting in/out of bed for weeks and his back still plays up occassionally some 22+ years (admittedly he used to do a lot of lifting and kneeling in his job)
                    Gaz

Comment

It may not help recovery speed up, that is up to your body...

But this will take the pressure off...

http://www.return2fitness.co.uk/Back...0relief%204023

"http://www.return2fitness.co.uk/Back...0relief%204023"

Comment

Thanks for the great resonse guys, looks like im going to have to take it easy for a while and perhaps give up racing now until next season.

Thanks again.
                        Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

Working...
                        X