Stalling At Junctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalling At Junctions

Please Help I Have Got A 92 Surf Diesel That I Have Recently Rebilt The Head After It Cracked And From Then On I Have Had The Problem Of My Vehicle Stalling At Junctions I Have Had The Injectors Changed Fuel Return Rail Changed Plus I Have Had The Timing On The Pump Recalibrated And Set Up With New Timing Belt And The Problem Remains I Have Had Speacilist Diesel Fitters Look At It And They Say It Is Not Fuel Feed Related But They Belive It Is A Electrical Problem And Needs To Go To Toyota So Before That Happens I Am Hoping Someone Has Also Had A Similar Problem And Can Help Me Please Dave.

Originally posted by davetrek27
    Please Help I Have Got A 92 Surf Diesel That I Have Recently Rebilt The Head After It Cracked And From Then On I Have Had The Problem Of My Vehicle Stalling At Junctions I Have Had The Injectors Changed Fuel Return Rail Changed Plus I Have Had The Timing On The Pump Recalibrated And Set Up With New Timing Belt And The Problem Remains I Have Had Speacilist Diesel Fitters Look At It And They Say It Is Not Fuel Feed Related But They Belive It Is A Electrical Problem And Needs To Go To Toyota So Before That Happens I Am Hoping Someone Has Also Had A Similar Problem And Can Help Me Please Dave.
    Check all of the negative connections from the batteries to the body, etc. This can be an issue.

Also check battery terminals, clean them up and put vaseline on them - NOT GREASE. Grease by its nature has a lubricating film that can inhibit good connections.

Hope this helps

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

When you say stalling at junctions, what exatly do you mean? will it not tick over at all? or dies as you go to pull away?

If it's just started after its been worked on, I'd be checking all the vacuum and wiring connections in the engine bay. Find a local person on here who's motor you can compare things with.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

re stalling

thank you tonyn and rich i will check these items and let you know how i get on dave ps the vehicle cuts out as i stop at junctions
        Last edited by davetrek27; 20 November 2003, 01:04.

Comment

Originally posted by davetrek27
          thank you tonyn and rich i will check these items and let you know how i get on dave ps the vehicle cuts out as i stop at junctions

As Tony says it sounds like a vacuum hose/s not fitted correctly or split/damaged.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Working...
          X