Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Plumber or Tradesman Surfers re. storage solutions

Any Tradie Surfers out there?

In the middle of designing a storage setup for all me **** (technical plumbing term!)

Anyone already been down this road?

Last Van I had,I built a false floor with a large sliding draw to give dble floor space, don't know if I've the headroom in the Surf.

Anyway any idea's or links appreciated.

Ave a good weekend!!!

hope this is of some use for u i saw this and im thinking of giving it a go
    http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/cargo_box.htm

Comment

luke i find mixing it all up together, then spreading it out between various tool boxes carrier bags and carboard boxes, hoofing some over putting other stuff in, and then having to shift half of it cos someone needs a lift, AND THEN.. piling the contents of a trailer on top til i get my new shed slightly less than ideal. do let us know how you get on....
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        luke i find mixing it all up together, then spreading it out between various tool boxes carrier bags and carboard boxes, hoofing some over putting other stuff in, and then having to shift half of it cos someone needs a lift, AND THEN.. piling the contents of a trailer on top til i get my new shed slightly less than ideal. do let us know how you get on....

Sounds all too familiar!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          Hah thats an easy problem to solve.
          BUY ANOTHER SURF AND HAVE 2
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

I just use those large plastic storage boxes you can buy at any DIY store for carrying my tools,easy to unload when going for shopping etc,I find this the most versatile option rather than having a "permanent" storage compartment.
            Powered by ????

Comment

Me too, but I have a variation on that idea, I went over to the bread factory near me, (Braces bread, best bread in the world!) and asked them if they had any bread crates 'going spare', 'cos they got hundreds of them lying around.
              I ended up with about 10. Sorted!

Comment

Hi Luke

Im a heating engineer and i am dissapointed that you are failing to keep the reputation that us plumbers have so carefully build up.

As i remember it that on the course i did the was a whole section covering the skilfull ability of making use of every square inch of space available to u.That is just chuck it in the back until it becomes so bad that you have to tidy it up.( its what i do to my van( not the surf )
                I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Sorry lads have been offline for a good while as my PC shat itself and also have been too busy playing with my new toy.

Just got PC sorted and am expecting Snorkel and 2 inch body lift kit to keep me busy for the weekend.

As far as my storage solutions go i have a heap a plastic containers alphabetically postioned in the back of the Surf...

I know exactly where nothing is!!!

Will get some pics on before and after.

Comment

Aint that the truth!
                    Why is it that when you tidy up your garage / shed / workshop, and put everything away in it's proper place, or worse, when the missus does it, you CAN'T ****** FIND ANYTHING!!!!!!

Comment

don't s'pose anyone's seen my scissors?
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Last time I saw them was in the cuttlery drawer.

Comment

My problem was getting the dog cage in and still having a bit of room in the boot. Solution was get http://www.hamsterbaskets.co.uk/ to make me a dog cage and then weld a "table" frame out of 1"x1" tube cut an MDF top and tap holes in the frame for some machine screws, hammerite & paint then bolt cage to top and I have a cage big enough for 2 cockers & a westie and still about 9" deep of bootspace under.

Mate of mine got a ductwork contractor to make him a sliding drawer unit that bolts into his disco to keep guns safe when out shooting, that seems to work well too.

Mind you when I was a plumber I had a minimum "hand" kit that sorted 80% of jobs and the rest was neatly arranged in a buckets, buried under a big heap in the back of the van.
                          Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                          X