Import Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Conundrum

I'm in the middle of importing a 3rd Gen RZN185 (petrol) when a bombshell has just been dropped...
    Did all the homework on getting it here and model reports required (protective steering).. and checked that petrols are for sale in UK indicating that they are getting through the SVA..All OK at this point

Now here's the crunch...when I come to purchase the applicable report from ModelReports.com, they inform me that it only covers the diesel and not the petrol...typical of UK burea'crazy'. Now this is particularly sickening after having spoken to the an SVA examiner who just informed that the streering report only is required and never batted an eyelid over it being a petrol.

So now the options:
    1. Garage it 'til June 06 until its 10 years old...yeah right
    2. Find out how petrol models are getting through the SVA without the so called report
    3. Just purchase the report and present to SVA hoping it gets through.
    4. Pay about £750 for an independent model reoprt on a similar chassis...think it a Land Cruiser Colarado 2.7

I'm really looking for some some sound advice here (other than do your homework more thoroughly in future!!!!! Right now sarcasm is the last think I need...pass the Vodka) as the motor touches down in Newcastle in less than 2 weeks

Desperately
    Scuddy
    ------------------------------------
    Look out! Ee

try this ebayer another petrol 2.7 for sale with MOT sva

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Hilux-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Try ringing these people http://www.importedvehicles.co.uk/model_reports.htm

Comment

I'm Stuffed

I've exhausted all avenues ending up at the SVA test office in VOSA. A model report for steering on pre-1997 Surfs is required, guess what it's only done for KZN (diesel models) as far as I can make out. Explains why petrol ones are not popular!!

From what I can gather KZN models, in the past been snuck through somehow as 'campers' or disabled carriers..and just my luck the law has only just tightened up to prevent it. So unless I fork out for a model report to be written or convince some nice test lab to do it for nothing... both highly unlikely...its in the lock-up until June 2006 (luck a mates got one for nothing)

F'ing frustrating and a lesson for me. Got to raise some cash to get a surf to fill in the missing months..think I'll sell the missus.

Any offers?
        Look out! Ee

Comment

Did you ring the people that I posted about above.

I did try to email you but you have the option turned off.

Comment

Scuddy,
            PM me with your chassis no. and I'll get it registered for you.
            George

Comment

could prove difficult as neither of you have the power of PM
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

i know nuffin of such things george, but are you saying that you have found a way round sva model reports et al, and can just write it up from a chassis number?
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Guys,
                  There are still one or two loopholes that we can use to get cars registered. VOSA haven't beaten us yet! I can register most cars.

PM - I'm displaying my ignorance of the internet. My e-mail is monkey@xlautos.co.uk

George

Comment

try this place www.charlesworths.co.uk they are at donnington park. hope this helps.

Comment

I'm Gobsmacked

GeorgeT my man if you can get this baby registered on my behalf you have my eternal gratitude...I'm still puzzled how you can do it as I've spoken to sva centres including the one Maggs recommends and no joy.

Still if you can prove me wrong I'm all ears...simply put no model report for protective steering exists for the 2.7 petrol pre-1997 KRZ185 and the loopholes on camping vehicles and disabled wagons seem to recently have been closed??

If anyone can show me how to switch on PM also grateful

George I'll mail you with the details and some questions

Ta v much
                      Scuddy

Sorry that should be RZN185 chassis
                      Last edited by Scuddy; 15 August 2005, 21:19.
                      Look out! Ee

Comment

PM switched on

Have found the section and turned on PM...I think
                        Look out! Ee

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                          Did you ring the people that I posted about above.

I did try to email you but you have the option turned off.
                          Andy

I did try but no luck, report does not exist for pre-1997 petrol

Thanks anyway
                          Look out! Ee

Comment

Working...
                          X