Got My 3rd Gen Full Wrap Around Safarie Bars At Last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got My 3rd Gen Full Wrap Around Safarie Bars At Last

After many phone calls and emails trying to find a set of 3rd gen bars within the UK I almost gave up hope

It was always the same old story sorry sir we don’t do a full set of stainless safari bars with brush guards for the 3rd gen hilux but we do an a bar sir

I finally managed to get a set orderd from the USA and after 8 weeks I thought I would chase them up

Only to find out that the manufacture had a massive order from general motors in the USA

And my bars where now on back order

So I had forgot all about them until I got a phone call on Friday to say they where in the UK

It might have took six months to arrive but I think they where well worth the weight as you can’t buy these bars in the UK

I did have to get the grinder out and cut the top mounting brackets that where supplied with the bars and bend the brackets slightly to get them to bolt securely to the vehicle

But the alterations are very straight forward and unless you are very stupid it’s no problem to fit these bars

And for a little under 400 quid I think they are a very good buy and think they look quite smart

So I now have a 3rd gen push bar and push bar cover for sale with Bosch fog lamps fitted

Plus a brand new in the Toyota box push bar cover for the 3rd gen if anybody is interested
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TAF; 10 August 2005, 17:28.
    TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

Oh my....there amazing
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by TAF
      After many phone calls and emails trying to find a set of 3rd gen bars within the UK I almost gave up hope

It was always the same old story sorry sir we don’t do a full set of stainless safari bars with brush guards for the 3rd gen hilux but we do an a bar sir

I finally managed to get a set orderd from the USA and after 8 weeks I thought I would chase them up

Only to find out that the manufacture had a massive order from general motors in the USA

And my bars where now on back order

So I had forgot all about them until I got a phone call on Friday to say they where in the UK

It might have took six months to arrive but I think they where well worth the weight as you can’t buy these bars in the UK

I did have to get the grinder out and cut the top mounting brackets that where supplied with the bars and bend the brackets slightly to get them to bolt securely to the vehicle

But the alterations are very straight forward and unless you are very stupid it’s no problem to fit these bars

And for a little under 400 quid I think they are a very good buy and think they look quite smart

So I now have a 3rd gen push bar and push bar cover for sale with Bosch fog lamps fitted

Plus a brand new in the Toyota box push bar cover for the 3rd gen if anybody is interested
      Worth the wait, they look fantastic !
      Probably a silly question but do those huge spotlights not restrict the airflow to your rad?

Comment

hi mate

have you any pics of the bars you are selling

Or a contact for buying the new bars you have

look great
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TAF
          Is that the plastic cover for the standard 3rd gen a-bar? If so I'm very interested. Is it painted silver or unpainted? How much are you asking for it? You can PM or email me if you prefer.

Thanks
          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by The Pope
            Worth the wait, they look fantastic !
            Probably a silly question but do those huge spotlights not restrict the airflow to your rad?
            no m8 i fitted the same spots to my previous surf with no change to the temp
            TAF

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelrepairit
              hi mate

have you any pics of the bars you are selling

Or a contact for buying the new bars you have

look great
              thanks

yes m8 thay are in the fore sale section posted today

i can email them to you if you want
              Attached Files
              Last edited by TAF; 10 August 2005, 19:50.
              TAF

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                Is that the plastic cover for the standard 3rd gen a-bar? If so I'm very interested. Is it painted silver or unpainted? How much are you asking for it? You can PM or email me if you prefer.

Thanks
                Rob

yes m8 silver with the surf chrome aloy decals

new never fitted and boxed

new price frome toyota 180 trade i want 80 quid for them
                TAF

Comment

you have pm

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                    you have pm

yes m8

you can phone me on 01792 795122

ask for martin

thanks m8
                    TAF

Comment

Very nice indeed...

Which website did you get those from...?

AndyL

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                        Very nice indeed...

Which website did you get those from...?

AndyL

http://ustaw.com/info/us/ASP.cats/c....llPushBars.htm
                        TAF

Comment

Thanks Taf

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                            Thanks Taf

sorry wrong link try this one

http://www.silverlinewheels-tyres.co...essories6.htm#
                            TAF

Comment

They look sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Comment

Working...
                              X