Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
    Good point Rob and all .
    however, if you did the peugot - that would give you an equivolent of 80 odd mpg.

I got my quote from elsbett for a one tank system and I am just about to do the deal but it keeps occuring to me that I could do this mod to a VW Transporter and get 80 odd mpg equivolent but I woukd have to give up the thing i love to drive....

Argg why cant economy be simple !

incidentaly my round trip to work is 80 miles too !
    just a thought i have read through everybody else's post's don't know if this is poss (or just making a totaly stupid statement!!) if u convert to LPG u get the two tanks right 1 LPG 1 desiel would it then not be possible to use veg oil with desiel creating even more economy?

Comment

nice idea but lpg is for petrol engines only, and veggie is just for diesels.
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        nice idea but lpg is for petrol engines only, and veggie is just for diesels.
        realy i thought you could get diesels converted to. hhmm that put's a dampner on thing's then

Comment

Originally posted by bradley444
          realy i thought you could get diesels converted to. hhmm that put's a dampner on thing's then
          You can run diesels on LPG and Diesel (injecting both at the same time) this can be used to dial up more horses and/or economy. Its a bit more technical -

A mate of mine has done a 2.8diesel surf. he gets 34mpg on the diesel by adding a small amount of LPG - gives him a cost equiavlent of doing about 30mpg.

to do this he has had to also add water injection. By running deisel and lpg with water, and increased boost pressure he can dial about 200hp and 300ft/lb

All way too technical for me though. He may post on it sometime - he lurks on here now and again.

Dave

Comment

i'll get me coat
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
            X