Back from the Spanish Pyrenees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the Spanish Pyrenees

Well I am back from my jaunt round the Spanish Pyrenees, I can say it was one of the best holidays I have ever had in my life

Total distance covered in the 2 weeks 3,120 kilometres

The scenery Pyrenees is some of the best I have I have ever seen and the food was unbelievable and cheap

All off the campsites we stayed at had all of the facilities you needed and were very clean

The off road driving was superb on average we were off road 6 hours a day, the main problem was dust every were is so dry they have not had any proper rain for months, even so when we were there we had 4 massive thunder storms at night, but with the ground so hard the water just runs of in to the rivers

The people on the trip were great and a great many beers and glasses of wine were sunk at night old San Miguel’s profits must be pretty high for the 2 weeks we were there

The old 3rd Gen Surf did the whole trip with no problems at all; I only had to top up the washer bottle a few times due to the dust

Not like some off the land rovers one off the land rovers with an off road trailer had to be recovered to the UK, another one had to have 2 new front shocks fitted and finally one had to have a new diff and half shafts and on the last day its power steering pump trashed its self and had to be driven from Spain to the UK with no power steering

I would recommend this trip to any one who like to off road for long periods but if you decide to make this trip, make sure the Surf is well prepared and serviced for the trip as it is not easy

The company that organised the trip is http://www.atlasoverland.com

And finally in all the years off, off roading I cannot believe how many scratches are on the Surf it is going to take a long time to get them out, but that’s the price you pay for having so much fun

I hope the attached link works its to some photographs of the trip showing some of the terrain, scenery, and other vehicles on the trip

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/four.runner@btinternet.com/album?.dir=5937&.src=ph&store= &prodid=&.done=http%3a//uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Pete

4 Runner

Hi, excellent post, loved the pics
    On the definate to-do list this year, also looking at at trailmasters for Morrocco.
    Thanks for posting, mark
    Hi few pics under member rigs, check out "surfing round europe" under general. Wave if you see us thanks mark

Comment

at least with a landrover you know to take 6 spare half shafts with you!.... and they're a piece of easiness to change!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Great pictures, love to do the same with the Surf this time... got family down that way and spent a lot of my childhood messing around in the eastern pyrenees during school summer holidays.

Vall de Nuria (eastern most ski resort on the pyrenees, Two ways up and down, by foot and by funicular railway...) and Puigmal, Garrotxa Volcanic National Park near Olot, absolutely stunning....

Comment

wow you lucky git looks like great time was had by all
          judging by the picture gallery
          and well done surf for doing all daddy asked of you
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Good going Pete.

Looks like good time and weather was had by all.
            Gaz

Comment

pic,s

Hi Pete nice to see you had a nice time, hear,s me sitting at home with "GOUT" in both feet and you been up to your nees in it "get the pun" nees "PYRENEES" hehehe.
              Live Life To The Full

Comment

Looks like great fun- love to do that tour but don't think I could talk SWMBO into 2 weeks offroading though!

Comment

Wow, I've always wanted to go to the Pyreneen mountains, it looks like a beautiful place. Might have somnething to do with the fact that I have a Pyreneen Mountain Dog, I'm not sure. Lol. But it sounds like you didnt have too much trouble, so I think I might go there myself one day. Funny how the LandRover's got screwed up, yet the Surf didnt, dont ya think? Especially when the 'Rover's cost more?

Comment

Wow, I've always wanted to go to the Pyreneen mountains, it looks like a beautiful place. Might have somnething to do with the fact that I have a Pyreneen Mountain Dog, I'm not sure. Lol. But it sounds like you didnt have too much trouble, so I think I might go there myself one day. Funny how the LandRover's got screwed up, yet the Surf didnt, dont ya think? Especially when the 'Rover's cost more?

Comment

great... it told me that i couldnt post more than one comment in a 30sec time frame... so i thought it didnt post it? so i posted it again, and i cant delete it

Comment

I've been snowboading in the winter and rock climbing, white water rafting, and other fun in the summer, the pyrennees are truly wonderful, add to the fact the wonderful weather and lovely reasonably priced food. mmmmmm can't wait, another 18 months and i'll be leaving for good.
                        [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

Comment

just found the thread pete some good pics,looked like a real good trip.have you got all the s****es out of the surf yet or are waiting until after wales!
                          see you friday colin & amanda

Comment

Working...
                          X