lost mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost mirror

ok this is probably a silly question (I did warn you I had loads of them )

but I've noticed some Surfs have a little Parking mirror on the front of the bonnet, the one i'm buying doesn't. why is this? is it just a difference in model numbers or what? It's not important - just curious that's all.
    Dave

Originally posted by Draig

but I've noticed some Surfs have a little Parking mirror on the front of the bonnet, the one i'm buying doesn't. why is this? is it just a difference in model numbers or what? It's not important - just curious that's all.
    all jap imports have the small mirror on the nearside wing, it could have been removed or had a new wing fitted, are you the first owner in this country
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Is it a Surf or a 4Runner you're buying ?
      These mirrors are fitted to the majority of large vehicles in Japan, aids parking in tight spaces.
      I've never seen a Surf without one, if the one you're purchasing does not have one it would make me curious, are there any signs of it having been removed? if not has the wing been replaced ?

On the other hand, if its a 4Runner you're buying, then an a UK spec vehicle, it will definitly not have the mirror fitted

EDIT**** Ian ya pipped me to the post *****
      Last edited by Morr; 1 September 2003, 10:53.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

its a jap import - I'll be the first uk owner - it's def a surf (SSR-X model) bodywork and internals is immaculate throughout plus brand-new AT tyres. it doesn't bother me not having the mirror - I was just curious.
        Dave

Comment

its a jap import - I'll be the first uk owner - it's def a surf (SSR-X model) bodywork and internals is immaculate throughout plus brand-new AT tyres. it doesn't bother me not having the mirror - I was just curious.
          the flux capacitor never seems to work properly without the mirror ask hormygollop
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

My 1993 import hasn't got one- because I took the stupid thing off!!

However- the 'parking mirror' was actually only an 'option' when the vehicle was new and not necessarily fitted as standard. Having said that the vast majority (but not all) imports have them.

Comment

sounds like something off the Enterprise!!!

I did look for the hole in the wing - but that wasn't there either!
              Dave

Comment

sounds like something off the Enterprise!!!

I did look for the hole in the wing - but that wasn't there either!
                Mine hasn't got one neither did the other three in the garage i bought it from (all ssr ltd) but the two ssr x did.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

ahhhh

I can breath a sigh of relief now then - cheers guys - but be warned - I'll be back with more questions soon I bet.

thanks guys - it really is appreciated (god i wish i wasn't such a newbie lol)
                  Dave

Comment

Only the updated models from October 91 onwards have them on as standard, as some one has pointed out it may have had a new wing.
                    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
                    X