Nutters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutters

I see by looking at profiles there is more and more of us on here who like hanging onto parachutes and being dragged across fields. Could this be another off shoot the the forum apart from adding the zuki section we could have a kite section.....

I know I know

off to the sin bin for me
    three hail mary`s and beat myself with a nettle bush
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

hey mark, there's nothing wrong with getting dragged along a beach or field with a huge kite, but I'm gonna do one better, this easter I'm off to Pendine beach with me surf and kiting buggy and gonna try the beat the on land buggy speed, my record with wind power is 41 MPH, but I'm gonna try 80 + ....thats if my heart can handle it
    Surfs were made for Power Kiters

www.powerkites.cjb.net

SSR-X 3.0TD 1996 "NOW DIRTY"

Comment

just a couple of piccies to show what i mean
      Attached Files

www.powerkites.cjb.net

Comment

i don't see the facination!... i bought a kite and i was bored stupid stood out in a windy field for an hour... never touched the kite since!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
          i don't see the facination!... i bought a kite and i was bored stupid stood out in a windy field for an hour... never touched the kite since!

Depends what you fly, if you are flying a bob the builder one line kite, i can understand, what ya wanna try is a 9 mtr kite in high winds, now thats fun, or bombing down the beach at 40mph with only 4" between your back side and the ground, now thats scary, or jumping 15 foot in the air , thats extreme, bet i could change your mind.

www.powerkites.cjb.net

Comment

Nutters

I ve still got to get the courage to take by bullit out in a decent wind to start jumping....Mind you though she who must be ignored is letting me purchase something for surfing with but i did say that i needed to master the bullit first.....

Comment

Originally posted by brimicer
              Depends what you fly, if you are flying a bob the builder one line kite, i can understand, what ya wanna try is a 9 mtr kite in high winds, now thats fun, or bombing down the beach at 40mph with only 4" between your back side and the ground, now thats scary, or jumping 15 foot in the air , thats extreme, bet i could change your mind.
              been dragged accross a field actually on my ass... and i was a bigger fella then!!

hurt my arms!

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
                I ve still got to get the courage to take by bullit out in a decent wind to start jumping....Mind you though she who must be ignored is letting me purchase something for surfing with but i did say that i needed to master the bullit first.....
                Mark

abit of advice, take it out in low winds first get the feel of it and then build up too stronger winds....DO NOT TAKE IT OUT IN HIGH WINDS...that was my first mistake

www.powerkites.cjb.net

Comment

Nutters

I ve been flying for years so i am use to the pull from my 6` foil so this is the next progression but yes i have been getting out as much as time allows but the big problem around here is find a field where i can fly without snagging up in trees or pylons. Dunstable downs is one good spot to fly but obviously a lot of people get up there so you cant make mistakes with forcing someone to take avoiding action. But hey who gives a S**t as long as nobody gets hurt......

The radio club i belong to we do have another kite man so we do have a chuckle together over antics.. My pet project is to fly a large delta with aerial wire attached to it but i have to get CAA approval to fly at the heights i fly 400ft is a norm...

Comment

they have a kite festival every year in the field near my place... good burger van if you can't be assed cooking! (or still on the walk of shame from the night before!)

Comment

Mark

abit of advice, take it out in low winds first get the feel of it and then build up too stronger winds....DO NOT TAKE IT OUT IN HIGH WINDS...that was my first mistake

9 metre in strong winds - is this man mad or brave???
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                        9 metre in strong winds - is this man mad or brave???
                        The fact that he owns a Surf says he's sain. A better word is Dedicated.
                        Ive got to get to see some of this action sounds good.

Rubblebags.
                        Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Is this an open inviitation???
                          I'm a rock face man myself but can see the fun side of being lifted 15ft off the ground at speed!!
                          NO WORRIES!
                          Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                            Is this an open inviitation???
                            I'm a rock face man myself but can see the fun side of being lifted 15ft off the ground at speed!!

Ahh - we could do a Surf club outing to the Wallop show next year... eh Brian?? Now that would be cool... And I've heard they have a nice bar maid too....
                            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I can be found most weekends (when I'm not Paragliding underneath an even bigger hanky) being dragged around Richmond Park by one of my big kites. As has been said, the feeling of being lifted 10 or 15 feet in the air and getting some Matrix style "hang-time" is a very very one cool indeed.

I'm a standy-uppy mountainboard kind of kiter, though I do really fancy a go in a buggy.

Love it, and it's free once you've got the gear which is even better. Can't wait to put it together with my skis or snowboard. Kitsurfing lessons in the spring... Rock and Roll baby!!!
                              Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "You Sir are drunk!"
                              "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X