Surfs breaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfs breaking

Found today 2 Surfs in my local scrap yard..Silverlake garages at Botley near Southampton. They are pricey though, mind you they always have been, I have been using them for nearly 20 years. They seem to know the retail price of every part known to man! then charge 50% plus Vat.
    I bought the rubber elbow that goes from the inlet pipe onto the turbo for £15.00 + vat, Toyota price £32.00 see what I mean
    How much!

vat on scrap parts??? VAT when they are new and again when they're 2nd hand - the worlds gone mad. Didnt realise VAT was due on things like this coz when I pull a part off a wreck in a scrapyard and bring it up to the counter, he says €20, I say €10, he says €20 again, I say OK

Comment

All the breakers I've been in charge VAT. Makes it easy to justify all the smaller odds and ends in my pockets that fell off other cars!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It used to be like that at Silverlake too in the early days then they got all businesslike mind you they do have the stuff you want more often then not, and i always go there with big pockets!!!
        How much!

Comment

Call their bluff, I did last one I went to said £40, I said £20 he said £35, I said £20, he said £30 so I says £25, he said £30 so I says ok then he says thats +VAT of course I said of course. I'll be requiring a VAT receipt of course he said just call it £30 for cash. I said of course.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

try passeys in newbury, he looks like the bloke off porky's!!

watches like a hawk, you'd never nick anything from him!... he even sits outside on sunday's incase someone robs him!

but hey, apparently he's a multi millionaire, so he must be doing something right!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

SSShhhh dont tell everyone waveydavey I was keeping them secret for my own personal use. Need a few bits after sunday must pop down there sometime. Do you know if either of them still have their back bumper in tact.

Ian
              Objects in the rear view mirror are losing

Comment

Working...
              X