New and improved no more saggy txxs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and improved no more saggy txxs

No didn't trade the wife in for an 18 yr old. Finally got my new front shocks today Procomp Explorer ES9000's from LA Supertrux.

A good excuse not to do any work today so I put them on. The old ones were well and truly knackered, I knew they were bad but I think the Torsion Bars were making them look good.

It would explain why the front was hitting the bump stops all day at the pit on Sunday - oops.

As for the new ones, bloody excellent, I put them on the back previously and thought they were good but now with them on the front the handling is well improved. No more front tucking under at roundabouts resulting in a slide.

Easy to fit, jack the front up, take the wheels off, undo top nut take out bottom bolt (Need 2 sockets though as you cant get a spanner in there) and they fall out. Putting them back in is just as easy.

Simple and relatively cheap mod to have the Surf handling improved and they are excellent off-road too!

V.Pleased.

Rich.
    Last edited by rich; 19 November 2003, 19:21.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

I know the feeling! Had the fronts replaced with geniuine toyota ones (I wanted to keep my adjustable suspension). The difference was amazing, especially at the Pit - didn't keep whacking the skid plates on the ground every time I went over a bump

Comment

Rich, if you wanted to go for an LAsupertrux suspension lift kit now would those ES9000 shocks be good enough or what?????

Comment

Glad you got them Rich. How are the Optimas?
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          snob

Comment

i emailed lasupertrux about suspension... 2 weeks later i got a reply to someone elses email!!

must have a jammed up system!!

but for anyone who needs to know here it is!

You are half way correct we do have a 2" lift but it is shock and springs. Shocks do not lift any truck they control bounce.
            Shocks "92 per pair
            springs £97 per pair
            both +vat and delivery

Kind regards,
            Nigel Morris.
            L.A. Supertrux Ltd

is that 92 inch shocks??
            wonder if they fit the surf?
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

LOL, Bigfoots shocks arn't that long!

Comment

LOL, Bigfoots shocks arn't that long!
                knowing me i was half asleep when i wrote the original mail and it's a genuine reply to something bizzare i aske for!!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                  Rich, if you wanted to go for an LAsupertrux suspension lift kit now would those ES9000 shocks be good enough or what?????
                  Already got the 2" lift at the back, as for the front they are as long as there is travel!

Comment

Bloody marvellous, the old ones were breaking down to 11volts. The optimas are holding near 13 and the starter whips round with a frenzy now

Once I get all of the auxillary lights on and start using them over the winter I'll let you know.

Snob, well, maybe, just ****ed off with killing the batteries after 8 months. They were so knackered the ends were bulging out

Comment

Definately best to phone!

Originally posted by dabigman
                      i emailed lasupertrux about suspension... 2 weeks later i got a reply to someone elses email!!

must have a jammed up system!!

but for anyone who needs to know here it is!

You are half way correct we do have a 2" lift but it is shock and springs. Shocks do not lift any truck they control bounce.
                      Shocks "92 per pair
                      springs £97 per pair
                      both +vat and delivery

Kind regards,
                      Nigel Morris.
                      L.A. Supertrux Ltd

is that 92 inch shocks??
                      wonder if they fit the surf?

Comment

Originally posted by rich
                        No didn't trade the wife in for an 18 yr old. Finally got my new front shocks today Procomp Explorer ES9000's from LA Supertrux.

A good excuse not to do any work today so I put them on. The old ones were well and truly knackered, I knew they were bad but I think the Torsion Bars were making them look good.

It would explain why the front was hitting the bump stops all day at the pit on Sunday - oops.

As for the new ones, bloody excellent, I put them on the back previously and thought they were good but now with them on the front the handling is well improved. No more front tucking under at roundabouts resulting in a slide.

Easy to fit, jack the front up, take the wheels off, undo top nut take out bottom bolt (Need 2 sockets though as you cant get a spanner in there) and they fall out. Putting them back in is just as easy.

Simple and relatively cheap mod to have the Surf handling improved and they are excellent off-road too!

V.Pleased.

Rich.
                        Did mine alround - handles well - still slides in corners (I'm putting that down to V6, heavy foot, Grabbers (worn out!) and a BIG grin!!!!!)
                        NO WORRIES!
                        Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rich
                          Snob, well, maybe, just ****ed off with killing the batteries after 8 months. They were so knackered the ends were bulging out
                          Sorry Rich, it was that Tony fella I was calling the snob, for ignoring my little question seen as he stalks that LA Supertrux place

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                            Sorry Rich, it was that Tony fella I was calling the snob, for ignoring my little question seen as he stalks that LA Supertrux place

I've a memory like a sieve,

with no 'sieve' bit,

just the ring at the top,

Maybe still have the handle though.

Comment

ES9000's on mine and its lifted

Just in case you were worried about the lift, I have ES9000's on mine and it's lifted way up!

Comment

Working...
                              X