New Surf Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf Owner

Hi. I'm new to the world of Surfs. Having owned Military Land Rovers for the last 15yrs, I thought it was about time to buy in to some comfort. I still own my Land Rovers, but the Diesel 106 has to go! After much deliberation I decided to take the plunge, and buy a Surf as I have always liked them. After much searching, I found what I was looking for. It's a 1994 Toyota Hilux Surf SSRG 3.0 TD in Metalic Blue with 57,000mls under the bonnet. It's not registered yet, but should be picking it up in the next week. I took it out for a test drive and was impressed by the power and it goes like sh*t off a shovel. It cost me £6250. I'm going to have a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser fitted as soon as I get it. I didn't think it was a bad price, thats with 12mths MOT, 6mths TAX and 3mths warrantee. Some places are dearer, some are cheaper. It's only been in the country a month, so it's fresh off the boat and is like new underneath. I bought it from Fourtrack cars near Amersham. The guy is a one man band and must have about 20 Surfs to chose from. He seems to shift them quite well. Has anyone else bought a vehicle off of this man, his name is Gary??

Can anyone tell me what problems to look out for, where I can buy a decent owners manual and WORKSHOP manual in English and where to get insurance?? I've had two quotes, the first from Adrian Flux at £353 and the second from that insurance company advertised on this website, that was £333. I hope that my ownership of this vehicle will be a happy one, and thst nothing goes wrong with it. Not much left after spending out all that money for repairs!!!

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you got yourself a good 'un. I'm not sure about the manuals but this site is a good place to start for known probs/general info:

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

Insurance wise, I found the cheapest were Tesco and A-Plan Imports. A-Plan won my business in the end based on my past experience with them. I've had two crashes, both not my fault, and one wrote my car off. They have dealt with both incidents quickly and got me back on the road in no time.
    [IMG]http://www.slate8.com/hiluxstuff/hilux-sig.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Hi welcome to here, it at times is mad, stupid, funny and oh informative on here.
      As for a manual try Amazon (look on ebay theres a few manuals on there) its probably the best your gonna get.
      As for you Surf it may be worth doing an oil & filters change and coolant change, regular stuff as with all cars.
      Oil changes are recommended every 3000miles, enjoy.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

and dont buy any ball bearings off e-bay!
        got any pictures?
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

and still no mention of MUD yet
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

New Surf owner

Hey, just come back on and it is great to see you guys have sent some replys. You will have to be patient as I have never used these sorts of sites before??!!

As for a picture. If you go to www.fourtrackcars.com, you will see my vehicle on the top row in the middle, with "reserved" over the picture. There is a really nice SSRG there that has all the side graphics etc on it. It also has spots and fogs, factory fitted and an electric sunroof. That one is on the top left. Only done 21,000mls and he wants £6,995 for it. If you click on the thumb nail pictures, you get the vehicles in all there glory. If you like silver, the silver one he has is in showroom condition. Is in mint condition, but as I'm not a fan of silver I didn't go for it. I recommend you check out the site if you are looking for another vehicle. I will be picking mine up next week. Can't wait. Hope to see some more replys soon. Cheers dudes...

Comment

Pictures

PS. How do I get a picture of my SURF to appear on the left hand side?? Like I said, not to good at these computer things!!

Comment

hi and welcome ive only been on this site a few months,there a great bunch of guys and girls and make you feel at home pretty quick.im proud to be a surf owner and im proud to be a little part of this family.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                  PS. How do I get a picture of my SURF to appear on the left hand side?? Like I said, not to good at these computer things!!
                  Welcome to the mad world of surfing. to be able to put a pic of your surf on the left hand side you have to donate to the forum to help keep it running.

Have a look here

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1140
                  I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                    and still no mention of MUD yet
                    MUD MUD MUD MUD MUD MUD MUD MUD MUD MUD MUD MUD
                    Is that enough mud for you?????????
                    Wot he realy means is where are the dirty piccies, like this.

And a very warm welcome to the world of surfizum.
                    Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:25.
                    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      and dont buy any ball bearings off e-bay!
                      got any pictures?
                      Have seen these bearings on E Bay - whats the problem with them can you advise. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by brijo1944
                        Have seen these bearings on E Bay - whats the problem with them can you advise. Thanks
                        use the search, luke!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                        X