Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price?

I have just had my lovely Surf t-boned (not my fault either!)and the insurance company have said it is a borderline write off case. It is going to need at least 2 new doors, new Body Kit, Chassis may be bent as well.

Does anybody have any idea how much a 1996 3.0TD SSR-X Surf 86500 miles, bodywork was in immaculate condition!!! Surf logo on rear window etc, Body kit (inc full length sill etc) would be ?

I am planning to fight the Insurance Company and need a ball park figure to begin with.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Originally posted by cjw
    I have just had my lovely Surf t-boned (not my fault either!)and the insurance company have said it is a borderline write off case. It is going to need at least 2 new doors, new Body Kit, Chassis may be bent as well.

Does anybody have any idea how much a 1996 3.0TD SSR-X Surf 86500 miles, bodywork was in immaculate condition!!! Surf logo on rear window etc, Body kit (inc full length sill etc) would be ?

I am planning to fight the Insurance Company and need a ball park figure to begin with.

in the surfs for sale section there is a ssr-g going for £7500 if that helps
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      in the surfs for sale section there is a ssr-g going for £7500 if that helps
      Thanks

I have noted some of the other prices as well.

Comment

I have my 2nd gen 3.0L surf immaculate written off by a drunk driver and the insurance comapany offered me only £5700 i haggled like hell and managed to get them to £6300 in the end.
        You will find that the insurance assessor will find the three lowest priced surfs he/she can and add them together and divide by three. If you do the same you should get their starting price.

You might want to strip a few bits off it before you hand it over for final inspection.Sterio/load cover/jack and a few other bits that you can sell on .
        Also remember if you pay your insurance by monthly instalments they will take the balance of the premium from your final figure.

cheers

Mike
        I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cjw

i would say around the £8000-£8500 thats what you would pay from a dealer
          I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

It's well worth fighting.

I upped the insurance companies offer from 4.5k to 6.5k when my old car got written off, just by being ****** minded and having plenty of ammo.

In Macc eh?

Next time you go down Macc road to congleton look out for my red 2.4 2nd gen opposite the plough

Comment

Thanks a lot guys

I can go into battle armed !!!

Comment

Originally posted by cjw

CAPS Grey book May 2005 1997 on P plate 40,000 km

Retail £8750
                CAP Clean £6725
                Average condition £5775
                Below Average £4850

Hope that helps
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

dont forget to get your stiff neck looked at... and how are the dizzy spells?
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Price

I bought my 3rd gen from a dealer 6 months ago £9000, it is mint, was fully serviced and i have no complaints.
                    It was up for sale at £9995.
                    I know you can buy cheaper but everything i went to see was not of the same condition.
                    Hope this helps
                    Robert

Comment

Working...
                    X