legoland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legoland

Yesterday i took the little un (3.2 year old) to lego land.

My advice to anyone else, DONT GO!!!!!!!!!

What a ripp off, £24 each adult, £22 for over 3'S, so i forked out £70 in total.

The rides were absolute cr*p, you had to wait over 1 hour for everything, I know that it's probably peak season, but, the point is that there wasn't anything that was worth waiting over an hour for. The theme parks only 10 years old, yet it seems that the attractions that they have there are from over 50 years ago.

Maybe I'm spoilt by having gone to florida a few times to busch gardens, universal studios etc, but, I don't understand why we always have to pay through the nose for sub standard quality?

pheeew, that feels better.
    [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

id heard they were bricking it on the rides last year..
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I've been deliberately avoiding the place for a few years after hearing similar complaints about poor value for money. Much better off at other theme parks like Alton Towers or Drayton Manor.

We also got a family season ticket for here too:

http://www.hattonworld.com/index_hf.htm

Very handy because it's local and kids love it.

Comment

NOooo!!! don't say that, I so wanted to go to that place, now I live locally to it.

I love lego! Got loads of it.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The lego constructions are really good, but thats not enough to warrant the entry fee.

Comment

Originally posted by sajjap
            The lego constructions are really good, but thats not enough to warrant the entry fee.
            I don't know- Lego is very expensive in the shops. Perhaps they don't get an intercompany discount?

Comment

Gentlefolk... yes it is expensive...

but if you trawl around the local papers and evening standards... they give away loads of half price tickets for entry outside of school holidays.... that makes it considerably better value for money. Went twice earlier in the year.

Also write in and complain about the value for money, and they will send you some vouchers for the half price tickets... (that is how I got in the second time)

Comment

We have just spent TWO days there and my kids had a great time (SO DID I!!)

Yes it is not cheap it cost £189 for a 2 day pass for 2 adults & 2 Kids including B & B in a hotel. This we thought was a better option than a one day pass for us all as that would have cost in the region of £100

As for the queues we would not bother waiting if they were too long and we went back later and generally found the queue had died down a bit.

I would rate Legoland better than Dysneyland Paris but no where near Dysneyland LA. Also from what I can remember of Alton Towers you had to queue for ages there!.

Lets face it you go to a theme park and you have to expect to queue!!

The staff at Legoland where excellent and very helpfull.

The only thing I would criticise it for, is the sign posts were very few and far between and not very helpfull!

I am sorry Sajjap didn't have a good time, but could that be that Sajjap Jr was bored waiting and we ALL know what 3 year olds are like!! mine are 10 & 7 so they could handle the waiting a bit better (But not A lot!).

Also the weather often helps we had 2 Glorious days.

So for the benefit of TonyN, you go mate and have a great time as we all know on ere that you are a BIG KID AT HEART!! and as you are local before you leave the park consider upgrading your ticket to a year pass!!

Paul

P.S. no I do not work for Legoland and I am not on commission!!
                DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Dunno, you know you wont get any free lego for promoting it!
                  But if you do, keep me in mind, I am saving up to build my own town in the loft!
                  Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                    We have just spent TWO days there and my kids had a great time (SO DID I!!)

Yes it is not cheap it cost £189 for a 2 day pass for 2 adults & 2 Kids including B & B in a hotel. This we thought was a better option than a one day pass for us all as that would have cost in the region of £100

As for the queues we would not bother waiting if they were too long and we went back later and generally found the queue had died down a bit.

I would rate Legoland better than Dysneyland Paris but no where near Dysneyland LA. Also from what I can remember of Alton Towers you had to queue for ages there!.

Lets face it you go to a theme park and you have to expect to queue!!

The staff at Legoland where excellent and very helpfull.

The only thing I would criticise it for, is the sign posts were very few and far between and not very helpfull!

I am sorry Sajjap didn't have a good time, but could that be that Sajjap Jr was bored waiting and we ALL know what 3 year olds are like!! mine are 10 & 7 so they could handle the waiting a bit better (But not A lot!).

Also the weather often helps we had 2 Glorious days.

So for the benefit of TonyN, you go mate and have a great time as we all know on ere that you are a BIG KID AT HEART!! and as you are local before you leave the park consider upgrading your ticket to a year pass!!

Paul

P.S. no I do not work for Legoland and I am not on commission!!

Apart from the weather and staff, did you really think that the rides were good/different??

Comment

i know a secret about Tony and lego!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Dunno grown man playing with plastic bricks
                        Enjoying Life after Cancer
                        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                          Dunno grown man playing with plastic bricks
                          and getting Linda to sign his membership form as his mummy!!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                            i know a secret about Tony and lego!
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              not sure you can make one of those out of Lego
                              Enjoying Life after Cancer
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X