Please help this old reprobate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help this old reprobate...

I'm stuck again and my only hope are those long suffering souls who inhabit the forum dispensing their time and knowledge;

This is my vehicle:

Model: KZN130R GKMSXW
    Frame: 8001855

9031166001, Seal, (x2)
    9036845987, Bearing, RTP, 45, 73 (x2)
    9036849084VP Bearing (x2)

Can anyone get me UK prices from a Toyota dealer as I've got someone who can buy in the UK and deliver for me in Kenya next week otherwise it's a 3 to 4 week wait while the kit comes from Japan.

The other thing is, if I have to drive my truck for the next 3-4 weeks without replacing the bearings, what's the worse case scenario, apart from the noise, any danger?

Many thanks,

enzo
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Why not buy from Roughtrax Or Milners as they are cheaper & they will deliver to who-ever
    www.milneroffroad.com or www.toyotahilux.com
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Why not buy from Roughtrax Or Milners as they are cheaper & they will deliver to who-ever
      www.milneroffroad.com or www.toyotahilux.com

OK, heard some **** things about milners but will try roughtrax, will give them a shot, thanks.
      @africa4x4cafe

Comment

My sister flew out last week, shame you did not have the problem then as she could have taken the stuff out for you.
        My fault also should have let you know she was flying, sorry it slipped my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms
          My sister flew out last week, shame you did not have the problem then as she could have taken the stuff out for you.
          My fault also should have let you know she was flying, sorry it slipped my mind.
          Many thanks anyway, hope she has a good visit. I've ordered the seals from Roughtrax now (although their shopping cart is a bit ****) and I'll buy the bearings here as the are cheaper than in the UK.

Again, many thanks to all who responded.
          @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
            Many thanks anyway, hope she has a good visit. I've ordered the seals from Roughtrax now (although their shopping cart is a bit ****) and I'll buy the bearings here as the are cheaper than in the UK.

Again, many thanks to all who responded.
            If you want Enzo I'LL pop in to my local main dealer for the prices on saturday,they love me in there you know, we are even on first name turms,he calls me sir and I call him FOOL.
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Thanks Sumo - even though they are usually, ignorant spotty youths, I wouldn't want you to abuse them on my account . I've ordered the seals from RT and I'll get the bearings from Toyota here.

Got to get it done asap as even though we saw some of the migration, we didn't see any of the spectacular river crossings you see on TV, and so we are going down to the Maasai Mara again at the end of the month.

Thanks again, and please remeber this is a bunk for anyone comming out this way.

Stay well
              Attached Files
              Last edited by bundubasher; 5 August 2005, 09:38.
              @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Got to say Enzo the truck is looking good in it's natural surroundings, now that's what I call green laning.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                  Got to say Enzo the truck is looking good in it's natural surroundings, now that's what I call green laning.
                  Thanks Lucky! It's dodgy stepping into the long grass on the Mara plains as you never know what might pop it's head up next to you as you can see in one of the other pictures, we didn't see the lions until we were nearly on top of them! Got to say that the vehicle really is taking a beating here in Kenya - frikkin worst roads I've ever come across!

We also did a few river crossings while we were down there and they were quite hairy at times, especially with the "black cotton soil" - this stuff gets like cold treacle when it gets wet!

Anyway, stay well, and maybe we'll see you out here sometime?
                  @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Working...
                  X