Where can I get my Surf waxed underneath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get my Surf waxed underneath

Hi, Newbie here having just become the proud owner of a 93 3.0 SSR-X Limited Hi-lux Surf.

I picked up the Surf on Saturday and have a problem in so much as my face is hurting so much through grinning for so long! I drove it back on thge motorway and have been pleasantly surprised at the Surfs capabilities, crusing steadily at 80-90mph no problem.

I now wish to take it off-road to see what it can do and am looking for places near to where I live for this experience. However, before I do this I must first get the Surf waxed underneath as its been in this country for 2 years and has not been done. As such, does anyone know of somewhere that will steam clean the underneath for me then apply liberal amounts of wax to the underbody?

I love in Evesham which is in Worcestershire but don't mind travelling to get this done.

Anyone?

Waxoyling is an easy enough DIY job- you can buy a £30 pump-up spray kit from Halfords. Takes a couple of hours to make a reasonable job of it.

Alternatively this 4x4 import garage near you:

http://www.ettingtongarage.co.uk/index.htm

will do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by oilcanmanor
      Hi, Newbie here having just become the proud owner of a 93 3.0 SSR-X Limited Hi-lux Surf.

I picked up the Surf on Saturday and have a problem in so much as my face is hurting so much through grinning for so long! I drove it back on thge motorway and have been pleasantly surprised at the Surfs capabilities, crusing steadily at 80-90mph no problem.

I now wish to take it off-road to see what it can do and am looking for places near to where I live for this experience. However, before I do this I must first get the Surf waxed underneath as its been in this country for 2 years and has not been done. As such, does anyone know of somewhere that will steam clean the underneath for me then apply liberal amounts of wax to the underbody?

I love in Evesham which is in Worcestershire but don't mind travelling to get this done.

Anyone?

You might want to rethink this bit! But then again maybe not!!

Ken
      [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

i will also travel, to get it done.....
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          i will also travel, to get it done.....
          If that's the case you should keep a travel bag in the surf.

Ken
          [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

if i had a travel bag, then i wouldnt have to..
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Enough!

The poor bloke comes on here looking for advice and what does he get?

Us hijacking his thread to get our post count up.

Welcome Oilcanmanor.

Now you know what you've let yourself in for.

Ken

Comment

phew!
                oil can if you are heading for ettington i'm 5 miles up the road, they are a bit of a swine to find, but seem friendly enough. if you want directions shout
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Well thanks people, I have it booked in at Ettington Garage as they said they will steam clean and wax the underneath for me for £85 which seems like a good deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by oilcanmanor
                    Well thanks people, I have it booked in at Ettington Garage as they said they will steam clean and wax the underneath for me for £85 which seems like a good deal to me.
                    yup... cos those pump up spray cans are rubbish!... garage will do it properly, not cake the important bits and you won't get waxoyl in your hair!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

let us know what sort of job they do, might take mine down there if they are doing it for 85 squids
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X