They're everywhere!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're everywhere!!

Hello everyone, I've had my Surf for about a year now and been watching this forum for about 9 months. It may be my imagination by there seems to be an awful lot more Surfs on the road now than a year ago.
    Went out for a drive today, M25, Beachy Head, Hastings for a beer and fish and chips and back, a round trip of around 250K. I was thinking theres a lot of Surfs about on the M25, so being a bit of a sad sod I started counting them. From the time I started counting to when I got home we saw 14 Surfs.
    Now this is understandable and its good that more people are seeing the light but I feel just a little bit cheated, know what I mean?
    A year ago although they were not rare, they were that bit different and I had a permanent smug feeling of superiority over the others that shall be nameless. Now I'm just one of plenty.
    Not one wave by the way!
    Still grinning though.

know how you feel pope but like i said to my good wife when we come to buy another surf we will find them much cheaper and the second hand parts are gunna be easier to find
    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by The Pope
      Hello everyone, I've had my Surf for about a year now and been watching this forum for about 9 months. It may be my imagination by there seems to be an awful lot more Surfs on the road now than a year ago.
      Went out for a drive today, M25, Beachy Head, Hastings for a beer and fish and chips and back, a round trip of around 250K. I was thinking theres a lot of Surfs about on the M25, so being a bit of a sad sod I started counting them. From the time I started counting to when I got home we saw 14 Surfs.
      Now this is understandable and its good that more people are seeing the light but I feel just a little bit cheated, know what I mean?
      A year ago although they were not rare, they were that bit different and I had a permanent smug feeling of superiority over the others that shall be nameless. Now I'm just one of plenty.
      Not one wave by the way!
      Still grinning though.
      Yeah, I know what you mean. I've had mine for about the same time as you and in that space theres loads here in Taunton, I reckon someones breeding them!
      Last edited by sticks; 2 August 2005, 20:44.

Comment

It was something we predicted would happen 2-3 years ago when Toyota Surf imports got finally banned from going into Australia in May 2003. An awful lot of Surfs used go from Japan to Aus but Toyota Australia cooked up a plot with the Australian goverment to get the imports stopped as it was denting into their new 4x4 sales that much!

All those loverly old Surfs since 2003 have had to go somewhere........

Trouble is- I a once had a 'rare' car- now they're getting like ****** P*jeros.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
          It was something we predicted would happen 2-3 years ago when Toyota Surf imports got finally banned from going into Australia in May 2003. An awful lot of Surfs used go from Japan to Aus but Toyota Australia cooked up a plot with the Australian goverment to get the imports stopped as it was denting into their new 4x4 sales that much!

All those loverly old Surfs since 2003 have had to go somewhere........

Trouble is- I a once had a 'rare' car- now they're getting like ****** P*jeros.
          But well better m8

Comment

Originally posted by scouzzer1964
            But well better m8
            I don't disagree with that!

Comment

I think its great, it just goes to show how right we all were at the time to buy quality and class. Now when people see how many there are on the road, they will look at the driver and say "that driver has taste choosing a Surf, they must be good cos theres so many about" lets face it, they're a lot more attractive and practical than 95% of other 4X4's out there. The other plus side is, as they become ever more popular, parts and insurance will become easier to source and in time will be cheaper. So a big for us Surf buffs.

Comment

Big ditto to Tazman.

I am tempted to get a little section on the rear signwritten with my import date!!

Sad or what?
                Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Come on when such a cool motor can be bought for less than 3 grand it amazes me that people will pay 9 grand for a little soap box on wheels.
                  It is no wonder there are more on the road now. The grin factor is always there no matter how many I see on the road. If you want somthing different then just get a lift..

Comment

citroens

Originally posted by The Pope
                    Not one wave by the way!
                    Still grinning though.
                    A mehari and a 2cv!!!
                    I dont feel so odd now with my ami super and 2cv!!!!
                    tony
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                      A mehari and a 2cv!!!
                      I dont feel so odd now with my ami super and 2cv!!!!
                      tony

2cv's Rock ( from side to side mostly) ! Great fun and cheap as chips but getting dearer, rarer and rustier.
                      No need to feel odd mate, .....we know!
                      I'll bet there's not many people out there who know what a Mehari is.
                      Have fun in all your toys.

Comment

Working...
                      X