Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Decals, can they be replaced?

Hello all,
    Can the side decals that run down both sides of the vehicel be removed easily? Are replacements available?

Mine are looking abit tatty in places.

Regards
    Keith

Do a search for graphics or decals, loads of info will come up.

Comment

Just had a thought

Talking it over with the Wife she says what about a domestic steamer?

She has one of these ones thats about the size of a kettle, got little adapters on it and is usually used to spot clean carpets etc.

Might leave some of the glue behind, but with a suitable solvent that should come off.

Just don't fancy the idea of attacking them with anything that might damage the paintwork.. in my hands

Anybody tried using a steamer?

Keith

Comment

What you need is a hairdryer or hot air gun, to soften the decal.
        Soften the decal at one end preferably at a corner, once you can start peeling it away, get the heat under it as you peel.
        Then you will need to remove the glue with some sort of solvent.

p.s. Don't have leave the hot air in one area too long.

Also, you may find that once the decal is removed, that the paint will be darker underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          What you need is a hairdryer or hot air gun, to soften the decal.
          Soften the decal at one end preferably at a corner, once you can start peeling it away, get the heat under it as you peel.
          Then you will need to remove the glue with some sort of solvent.

p.s. Don't have leave the hot air in one area too long.

Also, you may find that once the decal is removed, that the paint will be darker underneath.
          Yes He is right, but a steamer works too, coz I did mine with one.
          I like Orientals

Comment

Just did mine this morning as mine were really bad. Took ****** ages but it is looking good now.

I used a hot air gun after trying all the other methods first.The other methods didnt seem to work very well. It does leave a fair amount of glue behind but a little bit of petrol and elbow grease got rid of this.

It does leave a the paint work a little darker underneath but im sure what with polishing and general wear and tear it should match up.
            I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithP
              Hello all,
              Can the side decals that run down both sides of the vehicel be removed easily? Are replacements available?

Mine are looking abit tatty in places.

Regards
              Keith

Mate of mine got a little "Brooklands" sticker made for his Rangey for a few quid. I would say that signwriting shops could make any sort of decal you wanted.
              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
                Mate of mine got a little "Brooklands" sticker made for his Rangey for a few quid. I would say that signwriting shops could make any sort of decal you wanted.
                Ive been using www.uniquegraphics.co.uk for my signwriting and Im really pleased, they are also responsible for the URL stickers that some of you have.
                With the right filetype they will make anything
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks for the link

thanks DirtyDog, thats just what I need. Might have a go at designing my own on the ol' comp and see if they can do them as a one off custom job.

Think I'll try the steamer first this weekend, see how I get on with it, still got a few small paint scratches and chips to sort out as well.

Keith

Comment

Working...
                  X