Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator problems

Firstly i want to say hello.
    i have been a member a while now and this is my first thread.
    i have this problem, i am driving to spain in a few days, and i have
    noticed a pin prick hole on the top of my radiator. I have put a load
    of radweld in it and has been ok. Will this cause problems on a long
    journey.

oh i drive a blue ssrv 3.0 td 93 plate

nick

Originally posted by Nkerridge
    Firstly i want to say hello.
    i have been a member a while now and this is my first thread.
    i have this problem, i am driving to spain in a few days, and i have
    noticed a pin prick hole on the top of my radiator. I have put a load
    of radweld in it and has been ok. Will this cause problems on a long
    journey.

oh i drive a blue ssrv 3.0 td 93 plate

nick
    if it was me going on a long trip like that i would personally put in a new radiator and not take a chance
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      if it was me going on a long trip like that i would personally put in a new radiator and not take a chance
      If you see a pin prick hole its likely because its corroding from the inside, what you can see may be only the tip of the iceberg, with further holes to come. these will of course emerge just when you least need them, like on a motorway in Spain when it gets hot.

Get it seen to before you go, a new rad is indeed probably best, don't trust on the radweld to keep it going.

(Or bring a large supply of eggs for emergency repairs )
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

radiator

Originally posted by Morr
        If you see a pin prick hole its likely because its corroding from the inside, what you can see may be only the tip of the iceberg, with further holes to come. these will of course emerge just when you least need them, like on a motorway in Spain when it gets hot.

Get it seen to before you go, a new rad is indeed probably best, don't trust on the radweld to keep it going.

(Or bring a large supply of eggs for emergency repairs )
        You have confirmed my worst fears, i have had a closer look and it looks like a
        an old leaking solder repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Nkerridge
          You have confirmed my worst fears, i have had a closer look and it looks like a
          an old leaking solder repair.
          Hi matey
          After having problems abroad..dont risk it - unless covered by RAC they were bril
          having done a rebuild I decided not to risk the rad thing, I readup on the ausie sites re the auto oil cooler and rather than putting in a standatrd rad had mine re-corred 3 row staggered high exchange factor, a new bigger (+25mm depth) bottom tank, got rid of the obstructing cooler and had a landy turbo 90 cooler installed, I also fitted a 76c thermostat. Have to report to all that since then my temp guage stays just below the thermommeter piccy and runs like a dream, If I can just get the codes from the ecu to make sence, should be all sorted
          Tony
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Do not buy cheaper radiator from Milners, therte Cr**p. Spend a bit more and buy original or have yourss repaired.
            Rgds Philip
            Still Searching,
            Dick Whittington

Comment

Try Kingston Radiators in Southampton. Look here http://www.yotasurf.com/forums/showt...ight=radiators

Cheers, Nick
              "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
              X