play misty for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• play misty for me...

Ok, now the weather has changed for the worse, the inside of the windscreens tend to mist up more. So, just for a new topic, what cures do you suggest to prevent this? - and only ones that you know work - the old cut a potato in half and smear the juice over the inside doesn't really work.

Misty windscreens are a pet hate of mine ever since I was nearly hit on my motorbike by some twit who couldn't see where he was going. (it's also illegal by the way).
    I think I've got some water in the system somewhere as when I turn the fan on - it mists up more (although the AC clears it in seconds lol).
    Dave

Most vehicles fitted with A/C , wether used or not , tend to mist up more due to the unit in dash having condensation on it , especialy in winter .

I usually clean the windscreen with meths inside and out with a clean cotton cloth .

Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I have a lot of misting up on all the windows due to having 4 or 5 wet, panting dogs in the back most of the time so I always have to run with the AC on when the weather is cooler. I have tried various windscreen wipes but nothing worked as good as the AC.

Jacqueline

Comment

Tesco window cleaner (the cheap stuff) used to work great in my car - but as I use the Surf more now, it's a pain to have misty windows. An old remedy i'm going to try is undiluted washing up liquid wiped on and polished off. I used to use dry soap on the wife's glasses when we used to go shooting in the rain and that worked fine but I don't have a bar of soap as big as the Surf's windscreen!
        Dave

Comment

Have not tried this , but i wonder if some sort of Silica Gel would work ?

Like the stuff packaged with electronics to keep it dry !
          http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

I use motorcycle helmet visor demister spray. works for two or three days at a time. when it wears off, squirt a bit more on.

Comment

I've used washing up liquid and it seems to work, you don't need much just rub enough to haze up the window, then rub it with a clean cloth till you can see again. This lasted a good couple of weeks on mine.

Steve
              Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

get one of those little boxes that you stick in caravans to stop damp... they just soak up any moisture in the air...

ore use the dessicant that they use in double glazed units to absorb moisture... this is mental stuff!... pour water on and it boils instantly!... glazing company would probably give you a shoebox full for a quid!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X