sharm el shiek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharm el shiek

just got back y/day was staying a couple of mile down the coast from the bombs and wasn,t affected at all, but on arrival at Manchester airport to be greeted by vicars, airport chaplains, counsellers, free tea, coffee, water, blankets, sandwiches, etc, really drove home the shock and horror of the people here, we were due to come home when we did but ended up delayed as we were now flying out on a rescue flight, ie: 747 with a couple of hundred due to go, and a couple of hundred cutting their hols short, some of them with obvious injuries.
    my heart goes out to all those that suffered especially the hard working Moslem Egyptian people who sufferd the most and work for a pittance and are among the nicest people i have ever met.

ship

ps: we WILL be going back, NO SURRENDER

and, jeez iv,e got a lot of posts to catch up on, and don,t think i,m ignorant if i don,t reply for a couple of days , as i,m off to blakey ridge music festival t/moro and won,t be back till fri. and in no fit state to post till sat. at the earliest
    Last edited by ship; 26 July 2005, 19:14.

Its hard for me to comment on such things but at least you are ok mate.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I have an ex who lives there now, from what she has previously described of the area the bombs are the last thing you'd expect, she's always said in e-mails that its a nice safe place with friendly locals and how happy she was.
      She mailed me on the night to say she was ok, as that was when the news was breaking i had no idea what she was on about.
      www.thegamingunion.co.uk

Comment

I'm glad you and the family are OK, ship.

My heart goes out to those that have lost relatives and friends out there.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X