tarting up again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tarting up again

I failed my SVA on moday and am now booked in for re-test Friday morning so hopefull will be on the road at weekend and hope to pop to the meet near manchester.
    One quick question, once you pass the SVA whats the rules on re-fitting all the gear I have removed- ie rear wheel holder, bull bars etc etc. If you do re-fit do u then have to decalre them as modifications on your insurance?

thanks

Originally posted by fergus
    I failed my SVA on moday and am now booked in for re-test Friday morning so hopefull will be on the road at weekend and hope to pop to the meet near manchester.
    One quick question, once you pass the SVA whats the rules on re-fitting all the gear I have removed- ie rear wheel holder, bull bars etc etc. If you do re-fit do u then have to decalre them as modifications on your insurance?

thanks
    AFAIK you only have to declare to your insurance if your vehicle is not to original manufacturers specification. Putting back on the wheel carrier is actually returning it to original. Bull bars are unlikely to be original spec, altough many A Bars are original.
    Anyway, with such vast differences in spec on these imports who's to say what's original and what's not? Its almost impossible to tell.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by fergus

thanks
      If it passes the SVA on Friday, you will then have to get it registered which will take 3-5 days, so it will be the weekend after when you get it on or off road.

Comment

Working...
      X