Hot Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Cab

Here is a general surf related question.
    The cab of my surf seems to be inordinately warm (yes even here in Ireland). Now, I am not in a position to get the air con fixed yet (which I know will help) but the centre console that leads into the blower at the rear seat always seems very warm. Even with the heat turned right down on the rear blower, if you have no had the fan on from the time you start the engine it blows hot air (very hot) does anybody find the same thing? How do I get the rear heat to behave in a sensible manner?

Chris
    I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Originally posted by sheeprus
    Here is a general surf related question.
    The cab of my surf seems to be inordinately warm (yes even here in Ireland). Now, I am not in a position to get the air con fixed yet (which I know will help) but the centre console that leads into the blower at the rear seat always seems very warm. Even with the heat turned right down on the rear blower, if you have no had the fan on from the time you start the engine it blows hot air (very hot) does anybody find the same thing? How do I get the rear heat to behave in a sensible manner?

Chris
    just a thought but the rear blower only blows hot air, try turning it off not just down.
    Also the centre transmission tunnel gets very hot which can make the car warm.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Cold Cab

Whilst we are at it,

Mine '93 2.4 has the opposite problem. In winter it takes easy 15 mins to get the gaugue to 1/2 way up, and I get no real heat until then. The blower never gets to what I would call proper hot.

It's fine at the moment but I had to drive to work with gloves on a lot last winter.

Have flushed out the coolant, and checked that the stat is fitted and seems to operate. Maybe that improved a bit - but maybe not.

Any ideas?

Comment

you might want to try and burp the cooling system, try a search on it to see if that helps.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
        X