Comfirmation of diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfirmation of diagnosis

Hi all, my overheating problem seems to have returned, coming back from Leeds yesterday the tempreture stated to rise above normal. Pulled in to the services popped the hood for a look and the expansion tank bottle was full to the top. Slowley removed the rad cap and let off the pressure and steam. Eventually refillied with about a 6 pints of warm water from the gents loo. Drove on with no problems. I am now getting a little paranoid about watching the temp and about checking water before I set off anywhere.

Have to say I was pushing her a little hard up the motorway at the time, cruising at around 80/90 most of the way and when the temp started to rise I had done about 100 miles from cold.

I have not as yet not changed anything like the rad cap or themostat just the radiator is new. As I reported last week she came back the 600 miles from the centre of France with not even a slight rise in the temp from normal after the problems going down.

Anyone got more thoughts on possible causes. other than the above she runs as sweet as honey.

Koi did you say it was a symptom of a faulty rad cap if the expansion bottle was full or empty. Cannot find original post
    Last edited by Malenibo; 24 July 2005, 21:37.
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]
Working...
X