White Dials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Dials

I know there is plenty of threads on this subject, but does anyone know where i can get white dials from apart from the states ? Ive looked on E-bay but can't seem to find any.

Originally posted by Jason2472
    I know there is plenty of threads on this subject, but does anyone know where i can get white dials from apart from the states ? Ive looked on E-bay but can't seem to find any.
    I don't think you will have any luck, there are some appearing on Ebay, but they tend to have the wrong calibration of either the speedo or rev counter (they seem to be for the V6 4runner).

That's why I went and organised getting them made in the states - here is the thread including the order form.

You will find there are a group of us here who are very happy with these

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
      I don't think you will have any luck, there are some appearing on Ebay, but they tend to have the wrong calibration of either the speedo or rev counter (they seem to be for the V6 4runner).

That's why I went and organised getting them made in the states - here is the thread including the order form.

You will find there are a group of us here who are very happy with these

Trev

I would like to order some but i am impatient how long will i have to wait for delivery ? Do you still need a minimum order ?

Thanks
      Last edited by Jason2472; 24 July 2005, 15:02.

Comment

Well they have all the tooling etc, hopefully they will have some already run off, sitting on the shelf - we had a long wait because they had to make us sets from scratch, that included us getting a minimum amount of orders and sending patterns over to copy - I would say allowing for Customs clearance etc allow 2 weeks.

Just one point, you will see here which ones we got, and the offerings on ebay, please take note of Speedo and Rev markings or accuracy and possibly some money (for speeding fines) will be sacrificed.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

White Dials

Thanks for that you made my mind up. Just placed an order.
          Can't wait.

Comment

remember you'll have VAT and customes fees to pay when it gets here!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I didnt have any extra fees mate so dont worry too much.
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                I didnt have any extra fees mate so dont worry too much.

Ok thanks.

Comment

White Dials

Just got them this morning , and no customs charge .
                  I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Trev for all his help.

Also did you all use 3mm washers when fitting the dials and did you just put them on top of the old dials ?

Comment

I had to use washers on mine and am proud to say i tried it first
                    Otherwise my needles got stuck due to the tiny screws used originally.

Dont take off the original dials they fit over the top.... i realised this after cutting up my rev counter face! Its still underneath just in 2 bits

You also dont need to remove the needles, its tight but they slide over the top. Give a shout if your stuck
                    Tim

Comment

Just fitted them but speedo doesn't work and rev count is a bit sticky do they both want pulling up a bit ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason2472
                        Just fitted them but speedo doesn't work and rev count is a bit sticky do they both want pulling up a bit ?
                        did you use the washers? occasionally my speedo sticks but only up to 10mph then its ok
                        Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                          did you use the washers? occasionally my speedo sticks but only up to 10mph then its ok
                          Yes used washers but took them off cos the needle wouldn't move at all. Also the screws didn't seem long enough. They are only 3mm washers aswell. The volt meter is stuck just below half way aswell.

Comment

Working...
                          X