Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the secret??

With an oil change?

How do you get the filter off (a 2.4) without oil spilling all over the suspension arms and over the driveway?!?!?

It seemed to drip all over the place when I did mine, or was I just unlucky??
    It just does, OK?

Apparently you take it out under the o/s wheel arch I believe. I think there's a plate or rubber skirt to remove, so you can get at it easier.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
      With an oil change?

How do you get the filter off (a 2.4) without oil spilling all over the suspension arms and over the driveway?!?!?

It seemed to drip all over the place when I did mine, or was I just unlucky??
      Drain your oil.

Undo the Plate under the off side wheel arch.

cut a plastic coke type bottle in half, trim it so it fits under the oil filter so it will jam in but not too tight so you don't struggle getting it out when it is full of old oil.

undo filter but leave it in place untill it has drained of old oil.

Remove filter and coke bottle at the same time, so you can catch any drips.

The filter can be a T**t to undo of it has been put on too tight.

When you put new filter on, whizz it up, but just give a 1/4 turn to tighten and only turn a little bit more only if you have leaks.
      I like Orientals

Comment

Wrap a carrier bag round the filter as you turn it to remove it

Comment

I just drape some rags under the filter before I take it off, and leave them there 'till the new filter is back on.

Comment

I had to hammer a bar through from the engine bay to try and loosen mine (like the filter, I`m a little tight, to buy a filter strap)

Then once finished kick the gravel around in the drive until all the oil has disappeared under the other gravel

I was always told to park my motor above a council road drain when chainging oil

Comment

oil change

When doing an oil change wait till the neighbours are away, then use their driveway!

Comment

Working...
              X