Mobile Phones In Public Places.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Phones In Public Places.

On the way home on the train tonight (groan) there was a dickhead of the magnitude that I haven't witnessed since the yuppies had the brick phones. You could hear every word he was saying 2/3 of the way down the carriage. You know the type. It's funny how they say the word "I" louder than any other. I stood it as far as St Albans but, after reading the same paragraph of my Evening Standard three times because I couldn't concentrate, I lost it and strode down the carriage. I told him he was not the only passenger on the train, that he was rude and selfish. He told me I was rude interrupting his converstaion with his very important client. I replied that his very important client probably thought he was a ****wit because he spoke so loud. His very important client cut off and he couldn't raise him again despite several desperate attempts to call him back.
    I got a lot of smiles and congratulations on the way back to my seat. I felt I had done my good deed for the day. One guy even gave me a tin from his four pack of lager, which I accepted gracefully, opened quietly and resisted the temptation to slurp loudly.
    It's only a hobby!

Good on yer mate
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Obviously watched too much Dom Jolly

Hello Im on The Phone!!!!!!!!!
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

I've noticed this myself.

People who use mobile phones in public don't appear to actually need them as whoever they are "talking" to could probably hear them without the phone.

Personally I'd put a plastic bag over their heads and tie it tightly and see how long they could keep talking then!

Ken
        [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

had your rebel head on then

good on you phil
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

PMSL

Stella Artois

Comment

Very brave of you.

You never know what kind of nutter you could have been dealing with, well done.
              [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

Comment

well done mate ,done just the same thing my self on the train back from london to soton.we always sat in the quiet carriage ,four blokes five phones all turned off the same people tend to sit in this carriage every night ,this evening there was a strange face and a strange noise,this chap would not stop even after being asked repeatedly by a very polite lady ,at eastliegh park way he is still on the phone,are stop and his ,he deciedes to walk the whole length of the carriage even though he is right next to the door ,unfortunately for him right past us at the other end of the same carriage,as he walked by i stood catching him off balance still on the phone i might add,next thing hes laid face down head between two chairs on the other side of the train ,now i am not encourageing violence but the roar from other passangers and the utter shame on his face was justice enough ,and he never did show his face on that carriage again.

Comment

Nice one!!

You should get together with my brother. We were on our way to cardiff by train last year for the footie.Its a long trip and alot of the way we were standing.This guy was doing the exact same thing shouting down the phone to some poor sod on the other end.
                  Well my brother had enough of it ,so he told him to turn it off.The bloke said no!!! ( I cringed knowing my brother as i do hes 6'6" tall and just as wide and dont give a monkies about anyone when hes miffed)

My brother just grabbed his phone and i had to stop him throwing it out the window. He turned it off and handed it back to the guy and said nothing but stared at him for a few seconds. The guy got the message real quick and got off at the next stop.

I havent been on a train journey since with me bro
                  I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Apparently there is a gadget you can buy that when activated in the vacinity of a mobile phone coversation, causes the user to be disconnected from their call. Cool or what?

Comment

its called a super soaker, two pints of water should just about do it

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Apparently there is a gadget you can buy that when activated in the vacinity of a mobile phone coversation, causes the user to be disconnected from their call. Cool or what?
                        A bit expensive but would be fun. http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/Personal.htm

Comment

Working...
                        X