Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre pressures for off roading

Hi all,
    Off to Langdale Quest next Saturday for the first time.
    What tyre pressures should i be running and does it really make any difference?
    I run BFG A/T's.

Cheers

Paul.
    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

I generally run around 29-30 psi off-road depending upon the terrain and 34-35 psi on-road.

For Langdale, run on around 32psi...alot of it is tracks, interspersed with some off-road sections [through the treeline, down several hills that leaves your stomach in your mouth first time]

Have a look here for photos our our day up there
    http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13450
    Gaz

Comment

go down to about 18 - 20 psi off road .....and yes it does make a big differance.
      Just a word of caution though.
      dont let them down if you cant pump them back up!
      Langdale is mostly just track so dont go too fast round corners.

Even if you dont want to go right down i would put them down to 23-24psi just for comfort off road. 30 and up is way too hard for off road.
      if the ground is rocky having the tyres too hard can cause sharp stones to go through the sidewalls cos theres no give in the tyre.
      mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Greebo
        go down to about 18 - 20 psi off road .....and yes it does make a big differance.
        Just a word of caution though.
        dont let them down if you cant pump them back up!
        Langdale is mostly just track so dont go too fast round corners.

Even if you dont want to go right down i would put them down to 23-24psi just for comfort off road. 30 and up is way too hard for off road.
        if the ground is rocky having the tyres too hard can cause sharp stones to go through the sidewalls cos theres no give in the tyre.
        Couldn't have said it better
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Thanks folks, i have a portable tyre inflater so i will run them at about 22 psi for comfort and extra traction.Then pump them up again for the journey home.
          I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds
            Thanks folks, i have a portable tyre inflater so i will run them at about 22 psi for comfort and extra traction.Then pump them up again for the journey home.
            I'm really looking forward to it.

What you do need to watch out for is if you run too low a pressure then you can have the sidewall of the tyre pushed of the rim!...like I had accidentally done on a trip to Barton.

As I stated Langdale is mainly managed tracks and there is no where the need to go so low....
            Gaz

Comment

Point taken Gaz, thankyou all.

Comment

Working...
              X