Bummer - batteries have died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer - batteries have died

Started her up this morning went 100yards and turned off to load up - then it didnt start even with a car and jump pack. The batteries have been bubbling after journeys for a while and I cant get in to top them up so I guess they have lost too much fluid now.
    Still my mechanic is getting me some from ABS, anyone heard of these? £46each which I think is Ok but I wont know what power it is until the morning when I come to fit them... apparently the supplier uses these on Paj***'s which are 2.8's I think.

Wanted to get some Bosch AsiaSILVERS in there from Costco but they only do them one side which is a shame.

Hope they are ok... messed me up a treat as I needed the car all day today and tomorrow.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Originally posted by dirtydog
    Started her up this morning went 100yards and turned off to load up - then it didnt start even with a car and jump pack. The batteries have been bubbling after journeys for a while and I cant get in to top them up so I guess they have lost too much fluid now.
    Still my mechanic is getting me some from ABS, anyone heard of these? £46each which I think is Ok but I wont know what power it is until the morning when I come to fit them... apparently the supplier uses these on Paj***'s which are 2.8's I think.

Wanted to get some Bosch AsiaSILVERS in there from Costco but they only do them one side which is a shame.

Hope they are ok... messed me up a treat as I needed the car all day today and tomorrow.
    got mine from costco... doesn't matter if they're sided as long as you connect them right.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

The thing is I dont fancy rewiring anything cos I dont reckon theres enough wire even to move it a few inches.
      Tim

Comment

the terminals won't be that far out?... how wide's a battery? 6"?

earth strap is easy, it's just getting enough slack on the +ve

you have thought that instead of having them opposite ends, you turn the batery round so they're opposite sides?

Comment

There is just about enough wire to do it.

You have to remove all the cable restraints... so that there is a little more slack, then ease the cable round the battery...

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            the terminals won't be that far out?... how wide's a battery? 6"?

earth strap is easy, it's just getting enough slack on the +ve

you have thought that instead of having them opposite ends, you turn the batery round so they're opposite sides?
            LOL yes I did alread consider that but cheers anyway.

I have a fiar few other wires/add ons in the way so I thought handed ones would be easier... we shall see. Be in in the morning.
            Tim

Comment

LOL yes I did alread consider that but cheers anyway.

I have a fiar few other wires/add ons in the way so I thought handed ones would be easier... we shall see. Be in in the morning.
              try with the opposite side old one and see how it fits

Comment

try with the opposite side old one and see how it fits
                too late now
                if I had time today I would have fiddled but I didnt cos of work and loads of stuff I couldnt do today... couldnt even get a lift to Costco everyone was out
                Was supposed to be driving my brother to the airport and had to get someone else to do it for me!

Your car all sorted yet?
                Tim

Comment

too late now
                  if I had time today I would have fiddled but I didnt cos of work and loads of stuff I couldnt do today... couldnt even get a lift to Costco everyone was out
                  Was supposed to be driving my brother to the airport and had to get someone else to do it for me!

Your car all sorted yet?
                  was due to get MOT tonight but my mate was in bed!... looks like tomorrow or friday!... (lucky cos i forgot to adjust the brakes back up and it was a bit harey!)
                  still gotta get a job for tuesday!... might have another week off though!... hehehe!!

Comment

was due to get MOT tonight but my mate was in bed!...
                    hmmm....
                    Tim

Comment

hmmm....
                      sounds dodgy!... got to his house and he must have had a hard days work... and had a little kip.
                      he never wakes up so i went to the pub instead!

got insurance though!... £570!...

trying to get hold of formula 4x4 for new alloys and tyres... but 3 emails and no answer!

Comment

sounds dodgy!... got to his house and he must have had a hard days work... and had a little kip.

trying to get hold of formula 4x4 for new alloys and tyres... but 3 emails and no answer!

Money to Burn mate
                        Should look good when its sorted.
                        Tim

Comment

Money to Burn mate
                          Should look good when its sorted.
                          one day i'll even get it to drive in a straight line!

a combination of driving straight and stopping straight would be good!

Comment

My insurance was due today, forgot to renew it!
                            Went on to the tinternet to get a quote, one place was £1750! And if I paid over the monthly thing it had another 43.33% APR!!
                            Couldn't believe it.
                            So I went back to Tesco, £475 fully comp, buisness use.
                            Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Working...
                            X