gardening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda
    Here too - only our drainage is too good (chalk about 4 inches down,) so you have to water, water, water all the time!!

When watering, if you can, mix in a little fairy liquid. The fairy liquid is a wetting agent, causing the water you put on, to stick to the plant, so that less water is wasted, so you may have to water less often.

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal
      When watering, if you can, mix in a little fairy liquid. The fairy liquid is a wetting agent, causing the water you put on, to stick to the plant, so that less water is wasted, so you may have to water less often.
      And when we get the next heavy rainfall, you'll have plenty of clean grass and millions of bubbles - you normally have to pay to go to Ayia Napa for that sort of thing

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Thanks for the advice, next time tell me how much hard work it is first then i wont ache soooooo much, friday mini digger+6yd skip,ok for the first 3hrs then not much fun, on sat no more mini digger me and bro clear enough for a 4yd skip by hand(digger could not get to this bit when out of the garden)+ 5tons of top soil moved in then raked it myself(+ little steps) sunday raked it + more little steps, got 32 sqmtrs of turf in bx estate(no surf `n` turf tooo dirty)not sure how much overloaded it was but it was up to the roof, got home weather ok as soon as i started to lay turf it peeeed down. looked good but despite watering huge amounts some of the turf looks dry, i did buy too much just incase so i`m going to transplant some today.
        The fun bit was tuesday morning when the 4yd skip arrived me and mrs ssray had to hand ball the extra in to the skip with a wheelbarrow, luckly it was warm enough for henry to watch when not sleeping.
        Much thanks to one and all, Ray

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          You need to rot down some of the produce from your horses and mix spread it on the soil. That will help hold the moisture. I'm sure Tony could come up with a device to chop it nice and fine.......................... when he's not busy.
          I do - but not on the lawn!!
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal
            good tip - how do you get it into the hose pipe? I tried and it keeps coiming out again...
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X