ssrx/ssrg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssrx/ssrg

can anyone tell me the advantages of a surf in ssrg spec over ssrx spec.
    been looking for a surf for a few weeks now, just put a deposit on a limited edition metalic silver 1994 model 2nd gen with 50,000 miles thats on its way from japan. not sure if i want a 3rd gen though. any advice.

ssr g is the top spec
    having said that lot of imports have lots of extras on anyway
    matter of personal choice and of course the size of your wallet
    hope you get a good one
    well there all good but some our better than others
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Basically ignore the factory specs like SSR-X & SSR - G, the Japanese seem to like raiding the options book and no two vehicles of the same spec will be the same if you get my drift.

I cannot comment on the 3rd Gen, but love my 2nd Gen.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by larry28274
        can anyone tell me the advantages of a surf in ssrg spec over ssrx spec.
        been looking for a surf for a few weeks now, just put a deposit on a limited edition metalic silver 1994 model 2nd gen with 50,000 miles thats on its way from japan. not sure if i want a 3rd gen though. any advice.
        congratulations on your future purchase
        ssrg-ssrx doesn't seem to make much diff as you will find there are no two surf's iddenticalsome X mods have more bits than the G and vice versa
        when you get it waxoyal would be a good start and get the cooling system sorted
        theres loads of info if you wade thru the search facility or failing that pop a question on here
        john
        were in wales you from???????????????
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
          congratulations on your future purchase
          ssrg-ssrx doesn't seem to make much diff as you will find there are no two surf's iddenticalsome X mods have more bits than the G and vice versa
          when you get it waxoyal would be a good start and get the cooling system sorted
          theres loads of info if you wade thru the search facility or failing that pop a question on here
          john
          were in wales you from???????????????
          down south in bridgend.
          already thought about wax oiling and you mention sorting the cooling system.
          any reason for this. my supplier is having it serviced including the cambelt, full mot and also managed to get an immobiliser in the price too as my insurance wont touch it otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by larry28274
            down south in bridgend.
            already thought about wax oiling and you mention sorting the cooling system.
            any reason for this. my supplier is having it serviced including the cambelt, full mot and also managed to get an immobiliser in the price too as my insurance wont touch it otherwise
            if it's a 2.4 they can suffer from the head craking so it seems when mine was imported the dealer puts a new rad on and some work on the head as he has come unstuck with warranty claims in the past so i'm just keeping my fingers crossed and keep giveing it a rad flush ever 6 months or so coz when im pulling my caravan it getts very hot, if like me you have a caravan and its an automatic 2.4 then an additional oil cooler for the auto box will be needed as the existing is combined with the engine radiator
            hope this does't put you off, but if you are getting a 3.0 ltr you have no worries
            john

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
              if it's a 2.4 they can suffer from the head craking so it seems when mine was imported the dealer puts a new rad on and some work on the head as he has come unstuck with warranty claims in the past so i'm just keeping my fingers crossed and keep giveing it a rad flush ever 6 months or so coz when im pulling my caravan it getts very hot, if like me you have a caravan and its an automatic 2.4 then an additional oil cooler for the auto box will be needed as the existing is combined with the engine radiator
              hope this does't put you off, but if you are getting a 3.0 ltr you have no worries
              john
              thanks for the advice. been warned away from the 2.4 by lots of people. almost bought a mint k plate off a neighbour with 60,000k for £2500 but had advice off a friend before i handed the money over.
              shame really cos the 3.0 are alot more cash but then i wouldnt want the hassle of putting a new head on it in the future.
              driven both and the 3.0 is much smoother and got more tourque so driven normally should be around the same on fuel.
              just out of interest what do these things do to the gallon?

Comment

as you can see i have a 2.4 mine does about 20mpg on average but others on here get high 20's some claim as high as 35...3.0 i think is better on fuel especially if you can get the intercooled version

Comment

My Hippo (3.0 Litre) does an average of 26 mpg.

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

it's not miles per gallon, it's SMILES per gallon!

p.s. mine does loads!
                    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 17 July 2005, 15:30.

Comment

Working...
                    X