• Show
Clear All

• mk3 Exhausts....

Anyone recommend where to get exhausts?

The middle section has gone on mine.

I've checked Milner and Roughtrax.
    Anywhere else for a standard exhaust?
    More interestingly......
    Anyone know anywhere that does a Stainless system?

Cheers,

Rob.

3rd Gen Petrol or Diesel, fill in your profile using the user CP button at the top of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
      3rd Gen Petrol or Diesel, fill in your profile using the user CP button at the top of the page.
      Diesel.

Ta,

Rob.

Comment

Ok try these people.

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/exhausts...?recordID=3031

Comment

ta.

Thanks for that.

They didn't seem to do anything other than a 2.4 Hilux but I've emailed them an enquiry.

Cheers,

Rob.

Comment

The one in the link is the one you want.

Comment

The one in the link is the one you want.
              Ah!

Thanks for that. Just thought it was for a landcruiser. I'll get it ordered.

Cheers,

Rob.

Comment

I'm sure that somebody on the forum has used this for the 3rd gen, should be the same as it's the same engine and chassis.

Comment

I'm sure that somebody on the forum has used this for the 3rd gen, should be the same as it's the same engine and chassis.
                  Just had an exhaust centre replace my centre & rear sections a few weeks back, used standard Landcruiser LWB parts, a perfect fit. You need those for a LWB Landcruiser Colorado (Prado) model from 96 on.
                  Maurice
                  Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Hi,

I was directed to this forum via one of my husbands workmates who says it's brill for all things surf (and he's right).

We came across surfs by accident last year when we decided we needed a decent car for family stuff camping etc and a van for my husbands job. Originally we were looking at all the usual 4x4's when I came across surfs in the autotrader. That was it, all the other makes were forgotten about. We were a bit iffy about buying an import but went for it anyway. Over a year on we have absolutely no regrets, it's a brilliant car, the first car we've ever been proud of. It looks great it's done everything we've needed it to and more, I love our surf!!. I can't say enough good things about it, if it died tomorrow (hopefully it wont) i'd be gutted, but i'd go out and buy another surf, I wouldn't even look at another car.

We've just taken it for an mot, apparently they have to test fuel emissions but have said they can't guarantee they won't blow the engine up unless we have a new timing belt put on. At first i thought they were trying it on with us, but have since spoken to a few people who've said it should be replaced every 60 thousand miles or so, so ours is probably overdue and we've agreed to get it done. We also need to get the exhaust replaced, the garage can't find an exact match to the one that's already there but reckons he has one in stock that is almost perfect. It's for a hi-lux pick up 2.4 diesel and it will cost us 80 quid fitted if it matches. My husbands not so sure and wants me to find the exact match on the net which so far I haven't managed to do. I used to have loads of parts places in my favourites but stupidly deleted them all a few months ago.

I was wondering if any of you know wether the exhaust the garage has recommended will fit ok, or, failing that wether there was anywhere nationwide that would post us one? I tried the link further up this thread but couldn't find the one we needed. Any help/advice/thoughts etc would be much appreciated.
                    Thanks a lot for your time

Comment

Hi VICKY & welcome WE usually get our parts from either of these
                      www.milneroffroad.com or www.toyotahilux.com
                      Good luck
                      http://www.milneroffroad.com/LN130.htm
                      http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=11&cid=144 EXHAUSTS
                      Last edited by marky; 20 July 2005, 14:46.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by robinbooth
                        Anyone recommend where to get exhausts?

The middle section has gone on mine.

I've checked Milner and Roughtrax.
                        Anywhere else for a standard exhaust?
                        More interestingly......
                        Anyone know anywhere that does a Stainless system?

Cheers,

Rob.
                        Hia Robin, see my post on the 18 july, for a place in liverpool, front section part no-T4530, center part no - T4531, £74.32 + vat, rear pipe part no-CTY1114, £82.01 + vat, the center section is the same as the land cruiser, i bought on and fitted it last week on my 1996 3.0 ssrx, blob on . ALF OWEN

Comment

Working...
                        X