********!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ********!!!!!!!

A while back I posted a thread about my son's car being broken in to while at a garage for repair.

For an update - The police investigation was useless, Citizen's Advice weren't much better and even a solicitor said I should just get the repairs done on insurance. Meanwhile, my son has to drive about with the door tied up with baler twine and worst of all - he's started singing because they stole his CD player.

So it cost me an excess of £250 and loss of 1 life NCD and still had to pay the repair bill of £300. Still fuming, seems these car dealerships can get away with anything.

Jacqueline

Hi Jax
    As it was in the hands of the garage and out of your control
    would not the garage have some kind of obligation of care while
    it was in their contol??

What would be the case if they totaled it on a test drive then??

Makes you think

Chris
    GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

jax i think you can now name them....
      i am amazed that your insurance paid up when its nowt to do with you/them....
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by jax
        A while back I posted a thread about my son's car being broken in to while at a garage for repair.

For an update - The police investigation was useless, Citizen's Advice weren't much better and even a solicitor said I should just get the repairs done on insurance. Meanwhile, my son has to drive about with the door tied up with baler twine and worst of all - he's started singing because they stole his CD player.

So it cost me an excess of £250 and loss of 1 life NCD and still had to pay the repair bill of £300. Still fuming, seems these car dealerships can get away with anything.

Jacqueline
        surely your insurance company should fight the claim against the garage's insurance company and then give you your n.c.d back.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Even the insurance folk said it would be the same senario if you parked your car on a friend's drive and it was broken in to - you would still be liable for repairs and not your friend.

I still can't stop myself shouting ba****ds out the window when I pass the garage!

Jacqueline

Comment

get the local paper on it, they love all that, and set nicky campbell on em too..
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Don't get me started. Oh dear, too late!

I hate businesses like that. They're like the government, interested only in taking your money and nothing else.

I won't go into the whole saga, but just a higlight from it was the time when I had take my car in several times for the same botched job, which had cost me hundreds (by the way the company was Perry's of Huddersfield). Basically, I borrowed a curtessy car for a few days. During which time I had to put my company car park pass in the window. When i took the car back on Friday night, of course I forgot to take out the badge. Didn't realise till Monday so rang them to ask if I could get it back. I was told that it was company policy to remove all of the customers belonging and then throw them away!!!!! I asked nicely if they'd check and they said they would. Half hour later they rang and said that they'd checked and it wasn't there. This caused loads of problems at work, but I viewed it as my fault since I'd been stupid enough to leave it. Anyways. Couple of day later problem re-occurs. Steam and smoke coming out of my ears by now. Took it back for them to try again. Told them to stick their car where it don't shine and got a mate to give me a lift. When I went back to collect the car, gues what. Found the curtessy car in the car park with my flippin Parking Permit in the window. Lying b*****ds, couldn't even be bothered to walk 20 yards to look in the car. They'd rather lie and make up excuses than try to be helpful.

Like I say, this was the tip of the iceberg. I ended up sending a really heated mail to their head office. Within an hour someone had come out to collect me car. And they even brought it back for me. Also. after the 5th attempt they actually replaced the faulty part and fixed it.

SORRY rant over.
              Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

i work in a garage and we had a car stolen off our forecourt when the customer dropped it off after hours one night... my boss ended up paying out for recovery and damage and storage...all through insurance because it was technically in his duty of care... the best bit is that the car wasnt even booked in he just left it there with key in an envelope in letter box... so surely you got a leg to stand on somewhere ??!
                DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Working...
                X