trying vegi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying vegi

hi mixed up some veg 70% diesal 30% veg to try. at first car runs just as powerful .funny thing engine sounds better only down side i wanted chips all way home lol will keep ya posted how i go on over next few weeks
    I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
    (i also juggle dynamite)

Can i have GRAVY on my CHIPS Darren.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Can i have GRAVY on my CHIPS Darren.
      course ya can matey it,ll go well with barbie at hasy romp lol
      I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
      (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
        hi mixed up some veg 70% diesal 30% veg to try. at first car runs just as powerful .funny thing engine sounds better only down side i wanted chips all way home lol will keep ya posted how i go on over next few weeks
        You dont have to premix it mate, just put diesel in 1st then add the veg - it mixes in nicely as you drive along.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

A word of caution, if you live in an area of spot checks get your registered with C&E pronto.

We do NOT want to hear of you getting clobbered.

You wagon will happily work with that ration reversed this time of year too , but you will be followed by loads of irate Chippies and starving builders

Enjoy, you now have a greener surf

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Essential Oils

I want to know who's going to be the first person to start making the eqivalent of essential oils for veg powered cars.

I'd already thought of:

Essense of Onion
            Sausage and Bacon fragrance
            Or how about 'a hint of spicy beef' !!
            My latest favourite: dohnuts!

Someone could make a fortune.

My 100% veg smells very much like a BBQ. Makes me wonder how much rapeseed oil they put in burgers!

Any other fragrances??
            Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

vegoil

I have completed the fitting of the Elsbett kit to my Surf! It was easy to fit and I can report that the motor is humming sweetly with a nice sweet smell of barbeque from the exhaust. I used an initial fill of 30 l of cooking oil from Lidl @ €.60/l to get to Rathdrum to collect a 1000 litre IBC of rapeseed oil.

I'll keep you posted with any further developments.

Regards,

Allen
              Allen Holman - Elsbett Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                A word of caution, if you live in an area of spot checks get your registered with C&E pronto.

We do NOT want to hear of you getting clobbered.

You wagon will happily work with that ration reversed this time of year too , but you will be followed by loads of irate Chippies and starving builders

Enjoy, you now have a greener surf

Trev
                cheers for warning where do i get form and which one thought they wanted us to go enviroment friendly
                I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
                (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

You can run on 50/50 in this warmer weather with no probs. Been running it on and off for a few months now as and when i get a barrel of used. If using used just make sure you filter it well. My first batch was full of animal fats that solidify in yuky lumps. A bitch to filter out as it clogs the filters.
                  BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
                    cheers for warning where do i get form and which one thought they wanted us to go enviroment friendly
                    You can contact Customs on 0845 010 9000 (+44 208 929 0152 outside UK), you need to get an EX103.

Use the search here and you can find out what to put - make a dog's dinner of it and they will want 47p per litre, get it right and they only want 27.1p.

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by doctoral
                      I have completed the fitting of the Elsbett kit to my Surf! It was easy to fit and I can report that the motor is humming sweetly with a nice sweet smell of barbeque from the exhaust. I used an initial fill of 30 l of cooking oil from Lidl @ €.60/l to get to Rathdrum to collect a 1000 litre IBC of rapeseed oil.

I'll keep you posted with any further developments.

Regards,

Allen
                      If you dont mind me asking - what price per litre did you get the rape for? And have you got contact details for Rathdrum??

Cheers
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

eilish oils

Originally posted by Linda
                        If you dont mind me asking - what price per litre did you get the rape for? And have you got contact details for Rathdrum??

Cheers
                        Hi Linda,

Check out www.eilishoils.com. John or Douglas may be able to put you in touch with an oil supplier local to you.
                        Highly recommend the Elsbett conversion, both for your wallet and conscience.

Allen
                        Allen Holman - Elsbett Ireland

Comment

Elsbett kits can now be fitted in the UK by Elsbett approved suppliers:

Mr. Daniel Blackburn, Dyffryn Farm, Tegryn, Llanfyrnach, Pembs, UK, SA35
                          0DN, mail: dan_blackburn@yahoo.com

- Mr. David Cabble c/o VOIL, La Riante, Park Lane, Barton ST.
                          David,Somerton, Somerset TA11 6DE , UK, mail: voil@riante.freeserve.co.uk

- Mr. Darren Hill, VB Engineering, 72 Gatesden Road, Leatherhead, KT22 9QR /
                          UK, mail: mail@vegburner.co.uk

Comment

LInda - I'd be interested in getting an IBC of rapeseed oil too - if you can find out anything about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                              You dont have to premix it mate, just put diesel in 1st then add the veg - it mixes in nicely as you drive along.

So can it be clarified is it as simple as just popping down to lidls buying 10 litres and just pouring it in the tank with the diesel and it will be fine ??????

Comment

Working...
                              X