Spanner monkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanner monkey

Well I just done a week working for my old bosses Neil and Robin in their workshop . I left there 10 years ago due to lack of work so they had to let me go . One of there mechs left a month or 2 ago and work was building up so they asked me to help out . I have not really done much spanner turning for 7 years except at weekends .
    Boy do I ache !! Changed clutches , brakes , serviced vans , MOT prep'd cars and vans and made tea .
    I gave up work for a quiet life .
    Must admit I am sleeping well at night .
    I remember my mates saying that once you give up the spanners it is hard to go back to , they were right .
    Off to have another shower as smell of oil will not go away . No wonder girls never wanted to talk to me years ago , must have smelt horrible . Tam must have poor sense of smell as never really comments .
    Don't worry Tony I will not be servicing any Surfs !!
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
    Well I just done a week working for my old bosses Neil and Robin in their workshop . I left there 10 years ago due to lack of work so they had to let me go . One of there mechs left a month or 2 ago and work was building up so they asked me to help out . I have not really done much spanner turning for 7 years except at weekends .
    Boy do I ache !! Changed clutches , brakes , serviced vans , MOT prep'd cars and vans and made tea .
    I gave up work for a quiet life .
    Must admit I am sleeping well at night .
    I remember my mates saying that once you give up the spanners it is hard to go back to , they were right .
    Off to have another shower as smell of oil will not go away . No wonder girls never wanted to talk to me years ago , must have smelt horrible . Tam must have poor sense of smell as never really comments .
    Don't worry Tony I will not be servicing any Surfs !!
    I know what you mean about the smell. I went out with a girl once who worked in a chippy. Once the novelty of free scrumps wore off I couldn't get rid of her quick enough.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
    X