**WANTED Unistrut Channel Nuts**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WANTED Unistrut Channel Nuts**

I know it's the wrong section BUT desperate for 8 of these m6 Unistrut channel nuts for the roof rail fixing on 3rd Gen.

Been quoted on line from Greenwoods Communication a price of 21p each sounds good £1.68 for 8 not bad...............but p&p @ £12..............on yer bike.

Been every where in Blackpool today and all I got was quizzical looks.

Anyone help???????????????????????

Normally sold by companies that sell industrial pipe and fittings,or fixings for the building trades.

Comment

You could try Tyco, who are the main importers, or

ToolNet here:
      http://www.tool-net.co.uk/search/ind...1146&Specials=

or

Electrix International

They supply stainless versions - the one you want is UNI 1006M6-SS

Here: http://www.electrix.co.uk/english/ht...s_frameset.htm

or CMS here: http://www.cablemanstore.co.uk
      22p each
      but postage still £10 + VAT.

Try Google to look for a local supplier - this stuff is SOOOOOOOOOOO common in the building trade, you WILL be able to find a local supplier, unless you are out in the wilds somewhere. Try commercial electrical wholesalers for starters. We use the stuff all the time - did you want galv or stainless?
      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Just occurred to me after pressing the Submit button - contact Tyco: they should be able to tell you the nearest supplier.

United Kingdom: Tyco Building Services Products

Unit 6, Westpoint Enterprise Park
        Clarence Avenue
        Trafford Park
        Manchester
        M17 1QS
        United Kingdom
        Tel. +44 (0)161 8750400
        Fax +44 (0)161 8750491

info-uk@tyco-bspd.com

Regards
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

How about Screwfix?
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by bell end billy
            Sorry going to ingers on monday.

I bought mine from 'Wilts' the electrical wholesaler you have one in andover address as follows.

unit1,Hunting gate
            East portway industrial estate
            Andover
            SP10 3sj

I believe they are commonly known as zebedees........or cable channel fixing nuts 6mm.

Good luck.

If you can't get any locally let me know and I'll pick some up for you - I got mine on Monday ! But you'd better be quick as I'm going to be working in Cardiff from Tuesday ......

They're not as cheap as 21p though - cost me £3.85 for 16 - I got some for Keith too (S2-Wolf)

PS

I got the huh ? look too - until I said zebedee .......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Thanks for the reps......will go on another tour tomorrow..........wish me luck

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
                Thanks for the reps......will go on another tour tomorrow..........wish me luck
                GOOD LUCK ROB
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

I know it's the wrong section BUT desperate for 8 of these m6 Unistrut channel nuts for the roof rail fixing on 3rd Gen.

Been quoted on line from Greenwoods Communication a price of 21p each sounds good £1.68 for 8 not bad...............but p&p @ £12..............on yer bike.

Been every where in Blackpool today and all I got was quizzical looks.

Anyone help???????????????????????
                  Rob, use loads of these at work, and I think we have a load left over from last site - and I think they are M6. If I can't find them, I'll nick some off the sparky's - eh Danno If you want some let me know and I'll post up to ya,

Cheers, Nick
                  "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

That sounds promising Nick, cheers, will let you know tomorrow if I manage to find any in this backwater town

Comment

That sounds promising Nick, cheers, will let you know tomorrow if I manage to find any in this backwater town
                      No problem, I'll go to site on my way home and pick some up anyhow,

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Sorted it's not were you know it's who you ask, found a electrical wholeasalers that I never even knew existed.

Roof bars all present and correct with roof tray ready for the trip down to Bude.

Thanks for all the replies & Nick I'm sure you will get rid of any Zeb's you have.

Cheers

Comment

Rob, have literally just got back from site from picking them up and gone onto forum. No worries though, it was on the way home and I needed some stuff for myself from there. If you get stuck though, you know where some are

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Working...
                          X