DAB radio,MP3,CD make the tea etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAB radio,MP3,CD make the tea etc.

Bin looking about for a new radio.......
    Wanted CD,Mp3 and DAB
    Looked at Kenwood,Alpine etc and the add on DAB reciever is near as dear as the bloddy radio!!! oh and that doesn't include the airiel SIR!

Then 'Sextons' suggested the 'Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB 53'
    which amongst other things has a 'MMC/SD card for recording at the touch of a buttom .
    Didn't really rate the old Blaupunkt stuff, but havin spoken to a few peeps, they seem to rate it and the place fitting the alarm can get it in and fit it (including the ariel) for £399

any thoughts?..........
    [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

WOW!!! The replies really poured in on this one

John
    http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Originally posted by FG.
      Bin looking about for a new radio.......
      Wanted CD,Mp3 and DAB
      Looked at Kenwood,Alpine etc and the add on DAB reciever is near as dear as the bloddy radio!!! oh and that doesn't include the airiel SIR!

Then 'Sextons' suggested the 'Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB 53'
      which amongst other things has a 'MMC/SD card for recording at the touch of a buttom .
      Didn't really rate the old Blaupunkt stuff, but havin spoken to a few peeps, they seem to rate it and the place fitting the alarm can get it in and fit it (including the ariel) for £399

any thoughts?..........

Sorry mate missed this one, spoke to me mate who does this stuff for a living and he don't rate Blaupunkt stuff as a rule but says this is probably the best bit of kit they got out at the moment. Reception is good once the secondary aerial is fitted. Obviously not as good as Alpine & Kenwood but then as you know your talking loadsa dosh, but a good unit.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        Sorry mate missed this one, spoke to me mate who does this stuff for a living and he don't rate Blaupunkt stuff as a rule but says this is probably the best bit of kit they got out at the moment. Reception is good once the secondary aerial is fitted. Obviously not as good as Alpine & Kenwood but then as you know your talking loadsa dosh, but a good unit.

Forgot one thing he did say and you really need to be aware of is that it makes a crap cup of tea
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          Forgot one thing he did say and you really need to be aware of is that it makes a crap cup of tea
          It sure makes a weak cuppa.

Well i went for the Blaupunkt.....even after my preference for Kenwood and Hmm?? its ok.
          The DAB reception is CD quality ( if u got decent CD's )
          I'm sure the unit will grow on me...........
          The 'Cobra' alarm is spot on tho
          [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
          X